Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #1  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Default Broken leg... now what?

A little over a month ago I broke my ankle playing rugby. It was a terrible break requiring surgury and A LOT of healing time. I probably will still not be able to put any weight on it for at least another month. I have lost some weight with diet change, but am beginning to plateau. I need to do some sort of safe exercise, but I have no idea what to do.

Any advice?
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:18 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Upper body cardio and weights, and other seated exercises (they make videos for those who can't stand).

If you belong to a gym, some have upper body stationary bikes. These allow cardio with no use of the lower body whatsoever.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:15 AM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Honestly I would take it easy. you don't want to do something to further hurt your foot. Sometimes you just have to put the weight loss on hold, but don't slip up on your eating habits. I'd lift some free weights and if you can do crunches I'd do that but honestly, that's it. My sister hurt her ankle and she had to have surgery too and that was almost a year ago and her ankle still isn't the same. Just be careful and go easy. Take this time to work on your upper body, but just don't strain yourself.

Happy healing!
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:59 AM   #4  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

i'd concentrate on upper body that you can do sitting down or walking lol just walking around the house has to be a workout
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote