Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-04-2009, 04:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 305.4/TICKER/160

Height: 5'3" (160cm)

Default im a failure

Week 1 = Exercised 5 times! -4.4 lbs!! whoo hoo!!
Week 2 = Havn't gotten off my butt in 4 days!!!

i noticed that when i have people checking in on me every day, to see if i have done my exercises, i do them! but as soon as they stop, i slack off again.

i need people dogging me to get this done
awlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:11 PM   #2  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Pfft, that doesn't make you a failure. It does however... make you human hehe.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

You're NOT a failure! Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again from here. You can do it, now go!
Leeesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #4  
FB

You're totally not a failure. It's hard to rely on other people, one way I motivate myself is by participating in the 100 Pound Club's monthly challenge (Go join! It's not too late) and by placing star stickers on a calendar for on plan days. Enough stars and I buy myself a prize.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:26 PM   #5  
Ann Marie

S/C/G: 263 (Feb of '06)/236/170

Height: 5' 5"

We all get into a workout slump...mine lasted over a year and in that year I put 20 lbs back on. I'm getting back at it with a renewed enjoyment and not pushing myself as hard as I did before so I don't burn out. Hang in there and even if you just go out for a walk it's better than nothing.
brn2bthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 227/227/160

Height: 5' 6"

Don't be so down on yourself. Just get back up, dust yourself off, and start again. You can do it!
MelMomof3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:29 PM   #7  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

I think a failure is one who stops trying. One who screws up and tries again is normal.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:43 PM   #8  

hmm.. i'll join in on that challenge...

but i think what is my real problem, is i dont want to do this for me... i know i have to do it, and im doing it for other people.. not me...

i know this wont work if i dont do it for me... but as stupid as it sounds, im afraid of what i'll be once all the weight is gone... ive never in my life been a healthy weight, and im comfortable with who i am... im scared of being thin..
Old 02-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #9  
the chubby child

S/C/G: 190/190/150

you need to find a motive to do this for your body, for your health, for you.

and i can (believe it or not) understand the scared-of-being-thin thing. when it comes down to it, you're still you. even at my thinnest, i still had major "fat girl mentality," and i embraced it. i know change is terrifying, but once you get some momentum i promise it'll be worth it. :] and feel free to message me if you need anything, doll
plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Well, no, failure is obviously an exaggeration that doesn't accomplish anything except keep you where you are. It's the kind of talk that seems like you're being hard on yourself, but really it's the opposite.

On the other hand, I agree, if you really aren't doing it for yourself, it's going to be a very, very rough road. What are your reasons for not doing it for yourself?
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #11  

I dont have any solid reasons. Most is just that Ive found no truely compelling reason for me to want to do it for myself..
Old 02-04-2009, 09:43 PM   #12  
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

First of all, you need to change your "I'm a failure" mindset right quick. As everyone said, this kind of mentality does nothing for you but set you up to continue to berate yourself and you'll never get anything accomplished with that kind of mentality. You need to look at the fact that "Ok well I didn't work out the past few days and I fell off the wagon." Big deal! We all do and that's what makes us human. Now you just need to look at what can be done to put you back on course. In the process of getting youself back on plan you need to look at your reasons of why you want to do this. And I hate to say it and I don't want to sound mean but if you're not doing this for yourself then it's going to be really hard to reach your goal. It has to be about you and for you to make it really happen. You have to decide for yourself that you are worth it to do it which you are. YOU ARE SOOOOO WORTH IT!

As for being scared of being thin, believe me, I get it. I'm there too. I am deathly afraid of what it's going to mean for me. I struggle with it everyday with this fear, but luckily for us, weight loss isn't an overnight process. We have time to see the changes and accept them and grow as they happen. My best advice I can give you for that is what others gave to me is find out what about being thin specifically is scary to you and bring that into the open and deal with it. Even if it takes a long time or it's something you have to deal with daily, at least if you have it in the forefront of your mind you can take steps to deal with it so you can stop sabotaging yourself in your weightloss endeavor. Fear is a natural part of life and if you just try and cover it up, it's going to come out in other ways in your life. I have a mantra that I actually have tattooed on my foot "Feel the fear, do it anyway." which basically means you can be scared all you want but go and do or face whatever it is that scares you because the only way to come out of it or deal with it is to feel the fear and move into that uncomfortable place and deal with it. And sometimes when you do that you come to find that the fear is something silly and that by putting certain things into place you can get over it or deal with it. I'll give you an example, my fear for when I get thin is what kind of attention will I get from guys? Will they only want me for my looks? Will it be negative attention (whistling, hollering at me)? Will I end up with the wrong person in a relationship because of my weight? Honestly, I'm still scared. I still have these fears but what I tell myself is that the right person will love me for me and it won't matter if I'm 100 pounds or 300 pounds, and I can control the kind of attention I get and how I respond to it. I have a voice and I can use it. I can demand the kind of respect that I want. I just keep telling myself that over and over again and reminding myself just how strong I am emotionally and physically thanks to all the work I'm doing for myself on a psychological level and what I'm doing in the gym. The work you do in the gym will give you a great insight into what kind of person you are. Everytime you push yourself through a hard sprint or you lift a heavy weight you never thought you could life that just gives you a look, a glimpse into just how strong you really are. And that's what the gym component can do for you on an emotional and psychological level as well as do your body good.

I apologize for the long post but everything I said is what I found that works for me and for other people I know. I just want to help you to figure out what you need to for yourself so I was just giving you the info that's helped. I'm sorry if there were times where I was a little tough love but sometimes people need that. You'll figure it out in time hun. I just know it.
gymlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by awlass View Post
I dont have any solid reasons. Most is just that Ive found no truely compelling reason for me to want to do it for myself..
I was at the same place as you in the beginning of the year. I just didn't think all the work was worth it, I mean I was a happy person the way I was, why change? But then I figured out a GREAT reason: being healthy and fit. It's not about looks, it's about being able to run up a flight of stairs and not be out of breath, it's knowing that your body and heart are functioning properly.
Oh and I agree with the other ladies, you are not a failure! The difference between failure and success is whether or not you pick yourself up and keep trying after you fall down.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:30 AM   #14  

Thanks ladies..