Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-24-2009, 07:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Addicted to Wii Fit

Ok so hubby got us a Wii Fit yesterday, I had just had a hard work out with my trainer so i didn't mess with the it. This morning, I did 2 work outs on it, 1 I was kinda messing around, the other was a solid 45min. its now 7pm and I want to do it again. Its so fun, I really think I am going to over do this thing...lol
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/233.5/160

Height: 5'7

I really want to buy a wii and a wii fit!! I think wii fit would be the only "game" I would buy, cuz I would probably just play other games and not get to the "ft" part! But it seems like a cool game!!
AdotJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 262/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I have a Wii Fit and it is really fun.... When I took a break from the gym (for personal reasons) it was a good to stay active. But, now that I am back at the gym - it is definitely just a supplement - plus I like the fact that it is an easy way to keep track of weight progress.... I like the charts....
Randi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:13 PM   #4  

I KNOW! I have actually had mine but due to it being in my husband's game room, it was difficult for me to actually get in front of the tv to use it. He's home before I am and he is usually watching tv or playing games before I get home. He's a tv hog.

I hooked it up in my newly set up "fitness only tv area" created for me by me to directly benefit my weightloss goals. ANYWAY... I set up the Wii and I have been on it a few times but tonight I was just gonna weigh myself and then I decided maybe I would opt for some strength moves. I did two sets of lunges (awesome on the fit because it won't count it unless you get deep into it!), 1 set of 30 lunges (also won't count unless you are in correct form), the 10 minute "around the island" lap for jogging (I actually love the scenery!!) and 3 advanced soccer balance games. I also did a few yoga poses. I love the plank workout as well as the boxing. I only opted for the 6 minute hula hoop session tonight but I normally do the 10 minute one and am grunting and screaming for it to be over way before it is.

Ah, and I lost weight from my good eating this week. I like to see atleast small results. I had so much fun tonight. he he... you can make the wii fit as good of a workout as you want (just do the harder strength exercises). You have to play all of the silly games for a while to unlock all of the really cool more difficult exercises. I still haven't unlocked the last running one, but OH, I'm GONNA!
LanMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

As I write this, I am sweaty from using the Wii. I don't pay much attention to the 'scale' portion of it, because ours is on carpet and isn't accurate to our true weights. I do wish my Mii would shrink, though.

I recently purchased Jillian's 30 day shredn DVD, so the Wii will be more or less supplementary, but with out the 'fun' part of it,I'd never be interested in and actually working out.

SOme may say it's not that great of a work out for fitness veterans. Maybe, but isn't it better than doing nothing at all?

Surprisingly I really like the running/jogging. Normally I can't go for two minutes outside, with this I can do the island lap and then go back for the long run.
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

ugh, I hate the fat Mii. My 6yr old says "mommy when will you lose weight and be skinny like us?"
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 262/See Ticker/135

Definitely agree on the Fat Mii - I keep waiting for mine to shrink...

I don't feel that it is not a good tool for exercise.... I think it is a case of you get out of it what you put into it....

But, in my house - if you are on the Wii - you end up either working out together (taking turns I do then you do) or you end up with an audience. Small house - open floor plan - no privacy - LOL

But, if I get up before everyone - I really like doing the steps.......
Randi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #8  

OK, man, good workout! I did 15 sets lunges, then 30 squats, then 90 second plank, then the island lap of running 10 minutes, then about 5 minutes miscellaneous other strength stuff, then another set of squats and lunges followed by more strength and then another island lap for a grand total of 46 minutes.

I am so proud today that I SWEATED!!! Sadly, during most workouts, I get incredibly hot and stink but never sweat. It makes me so sad each time because I thought maybe I was just not a person who could sweat very well. Well, today I had sweat marks all over my shirt and I was dripping from my forehead. YAY ME!

I hope it's not TMI. You just don't know what a victory this is for me. Maybe now that I am on healthy eating plan I will actually start to have a body that does what is it supposed to do under stress. I am thankful for this achievement today. Yay. Double yay.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #9  
Begin againer

S/C/G: 235.6/221.6/185

Height: 5'7"

My Wii Fit was delivered to work today. I can hardly wait until I get my 12 year old to set it up! Hubby comes in from work tomorrow (14 days home, 14 days away) but thankfully he's leaving on Wed. for a hunting trip. The Wii will be in the living area (largest television) but like Randi, I'll be up early (It was 4:15 this morning to get the Shred in.) How are you liking Shred, Optical Goddess? I also have Yoga Booty Ballet. I only did it a couple of times...
Can you tell I bore easily???
Lan, you're inspirational...Congrats on breaking a sweat!
Willow, before too long, you'll be a skinnier Mii.
Here's to joining her!
forme01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:20 PM   #10  
Doing Prevention Videos!

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

My hubby surprised me with one a couple days ago! I really like it too. I just have to find time to do and not let the kids get under my feet
mom2cass&em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:05 PM   #11  

I did 50 minutes tonight. I unlocked the 20 lunges and the 45 squats so I did one set if 15 and one of 20 lunges, 2 sets of 45 squats, one set of 20 jack knifes (unlocked the jack knife challenge) a 5 minutes run around the island (follow the doggies!) and a 10 minute jog. My feet and calves were on fire when I finshed the 10 min jog.

OK, so the more steady of a pace you jog at, the better "burn rate" you get when you finish. Yesterday I got a 97% burn rate and today's was 125%. I don't get it. I know it's a good thing because my mii seemed so pleased. But, still I don't get it. OH, and I got a score of 495 on the advanced soccer which is my highest yet on it. Beat THAT! Come on ladies, REALLY, I challenge you to a WII FIT DUEL!

Oh, and the Wii said I had lost 2.5 lbs since yesterday. Ahh, I love weight fluctuation, don't you?! What a TEASE! I wonder how much I really lost. Still, I was at 182 last Tuesday and now the wii says I am at 178. Oh, that's right: 4 pounds. Three cheers for mini meals (my diet)!

Last edited by LanMyers; 01-26-2009 at 11:08 PM. Reason: addition