Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-04-2009, 06:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Default a love-hate relationship with your treadmill?

How messed up is this?

I've been mixing my treadmill inclines & mphs for the last couple of days... and can definitely feel some (not too much that I want to amputate a leg or anything lol) muscle soreness.

I do all this & am totally engrossed in reading Jen Lancaster's book "Such a Pretty Fat" and after each time, I find myself wanting to go for another beating on the treadmill *Jillian, the trainer, from The Biggest Loser would be proud *

(FYI: I finished "Such a Pretty Fat" earlier today and eagerly bought/ordered the rest of her 2 books "Bright Lights" & "Bitter is the New Black." I'll be starting to alternate reading between "The Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl" & "The Next Big Thing.")

I think my endurance is increasing since I walked over an extra mile on errands downtown an hour or so after exercising on the treadmill, carrying bags of books and other gift items. I felt great - albeit some soreness - and thought to myself, "yeah, I could TOTALLY do this again [on the treadmill]!"

This the start of a love-hate relationship with my treadmill? Anyone have that experience of a good week of exercising?

LOL!

I guess I should hold my tongue until next week when I make good on my New Year's resolution to include some pilates into my workout routine.... eep!

~ tea

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 01-04-2009 at 06:46 AM.
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Good job! Developing an exercise addiction is just about the BEST thing we can do for ourselves! So cultivate it and enjoy it!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:29 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Congrats on your «addiction» , so to speak... It's a very good thing when we see improvement in our day to day lives because of an exercise routine.

Just a question, how do you '' read '' on the treadmill? I can't read because first I can't hold the book because I need to swing my arms, and second if I wasn't holding the book I would move too much to be able to keep my eyes on a line of words, I'd be reading the same line over and over ... I do have audio books on my iPod, which I really really like, they make the time fly... Specially motivational books...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote