Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-06-2008, 11:33 AM   #1  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Default What 'toys' are on your list?

I'm majorly into toys...

I have a heart rate monitor but I heard Costco is going to sell the Garmin 305 for $159 starting next friday so I'm considering getting that. It won't be good for when I go swimming but will be awesome for when I go running.

I plan to buy a 20lb and 25lb kettlebell so that I have 2 of each for new exercises.

After seeing this video, I want another bosu:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSUJ9tpOpfc&NR=1
That'll be a long time down the road though.

I also want The Firm's Wave but my focus right now is kettlebells, running, physical therapy, swimming and biking when possible. I can't see fitting another workout into my already busy workout schedule. Maybe when it hits Target, I'll grab it but it does look fun!
http://www.thefirmwave.com/?gcid=S12...=firm%20wave_5

So what toys/gadgets are on your list?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Nothing too special but I need some bigger dumb-bells!! I also asked my SO for the Jillian Micheals videos!!

And a bike. I got a free one from my Aunt after her yard sale. I got to ride it once and my SO broke it trying to use it as a trick bike!! Sometimes I wonder if he is 31 or 13!!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:45 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I need some 15 lb dumbbells, for sure, and a new heart rate monitor (mine gives me rate, but not calories/average, and I'd like one that added my calories up for the whole day based on HR...the one I have is pretty much only good for HIIT).

I'm also interested in getting some kettlebells.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:51 AM   #4  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

A bike!

Also, a Hello Kitty kickboard for swimming. I desperately want this, but they are hard to find (when I could find them on eBay, all the sellers were in Hong Kong). But I know that Hello Kitty smiling up at me would make my swim workouts so much better.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:17 AM   #5  
FB

Oh Nelie, love my 305! It does have limitations, but is such a cool toy. I bought the cycling accessories and mainly use it for that.

Toys, new fun toys that I won't necessarily get:
Better gloves with wrist support, a smaller iPod just for workouts (my bigger one is always falling and clunking around), kettleballs, calipers, a Brooks saddle for my bikey (how posh) and some kick butt lessons in martial arts - which I will get because I've been telling the husband I want it for my birthday for months, we'll see next week if he listened!

Last edited by FB; 11-07-2008 at 11:17 AM.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I want a bike. Mine got stolen a couple of years ago and I never bothered to replace it, but I really want another one now.

I gave in and bought myself a refurbed iPod shuffle just for the gym - $39 from apple.com and well worth it. I reload it about once a week or so and it's so much easier to keep with me than my full sized iPod.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:11 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Sadly, I have an ipod nano but i'm too lazy to load it with songs so... I don't use it.

FB - I didn't think of lessons as 'toys' but starting this weekend, I'm doing swimming lessons. Next spring/summer, I plan to do rock climbing lessons. My husband and I have talked about martial arts lessons for a while but haven't jumped in yet.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 6'0

I want a bike for the spring, some kettleballs, and a hr monitor. I would also like a treadmill, but that will have to wait a long time.
wantingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:42 PM   #9  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I want the Wii fit Oh yeah and a good pedometer!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:20 PM   #10  
FB

Nelie, you're right, upon second thought lessons are not toys! Unless the instructor is some hot dude. It's just something that would be a ton of fun - as much as a new toy.

I'd love swimming lessons. The only thing stopping me is the swimming suit. I'm more scared of the swimming suit than the lessons!

Photo - good idea, a shuffle. I'm on that this weekend. They're so portable, cheap and probably won't destruct when I drop it over and over.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

I'm craving information right now, I would love subscriptions to some health mags.

Books on natural remedies, too. I'm kinda getting into the natural healer thing.

BOSU

HRM
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote