Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-18-2015, 02:14 AM   #151  

Height: 5'3"

Not too much to add...this is an AMAZING THREAD!!! Only thing I'd add is if you're younger here or if you have kids...Cross Country is the most amazing sport for conditioning
Daniela Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:48 AM   #152  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Well my shin issues worked themselves out with rest and extra stretches.

Now I'm thinking about transitioning to running outside. I have allergies and outdoor activities always makes my nose run which can be very annoying and disruptive. I usually suck on cough drops while hiking to help a bit, too. Does anyone have any tips on how to handle this with running, or prevent it? (Aside from carrying a ton of tissues which I already plan to do lol)
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:17 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 181.4/191.6/145

Height: 5'6.5

I would recommend wearing arm warmers. Wipe your nose on them. Rinse at home and repeat. I like giving my body the chance to get it out of its system - but I also denied that it was allergies for about 5 years

Last edited by CanoeGirl; 03-18-2015 at 10:18 AM.
CanoeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 02:12 PM   #154  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

^ Great idea, thanks!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:04 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 242/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ian, I have just found this thread.

Getting caught short on runs! It was great after the earthquakes because there was no sewage and some streets had portaloos for YEARS ( actually, almost 5 years later some people are still not back on mains sewage).

I know every toilet on my runs! As I live on a beach there are public toilets at various points, also 5 km North I have the key to a friends house and my eldest child has just moved in 3 km South. Trail runs are also a blessing, plenty of possibilities there! Just remember the rules. Burry your waste, bag and carry out your tissues. I just carry a doggy do bag complete with packet of tissues and a tiny packet of disinfectant wipes for hands.

As I usually run in the morning, I try and train myself to 'go' at night, but I am not always successful in maintaining this routine. It's worse in races as there are so many people about.

For us women there is the perennial problem of stress incontinence as well, but that is another post....

I hope this is not too much information. .....
autodidact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:18 AM   #156  

I Can't throw smoking, this bad habit does not allow me to run, every single time i start i feel like my lungs fulfilled by flame ;(
EmmaWhite is offline   Reply With Quote