Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-24-2008, 07:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 171/165/140

Height: 5'7

Default these hips just wont go!

Last week I kinda slacked on going to gym and eating healthy. I am on WW I was was within my points but it wasn't "healthy points". Anyways it seems the 5 pounds I did loose all together sence I started was all in my thighs. My jeans fit in my stomache but they hang off my butt and my thighs! Any one have any good exercising tips for hips? Some of the inches need to go on these suckers
BrittanyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:38 PM   #2  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

well i have a problem from my belly button to my legs.... the weight just doesnt like moving from there and i have tryed everything to help it out.. I think what they say about it being impossible to spot reduce is 100% right unfortunatly .. and that region looses slower then the rest take me for example..

i have lost 20 cm from my waist
i have lost 9 cm from both my thigh and breasts
but i have only lost 3 cm from the hip region...... and that is where i am my biggest.. lol
Im a complete pear shaped and im biggest around there and it doesnt want to leave lol... so all i can do is keep on keeping on .. lol and one day it might go down but i think im gonna end up very out of proportion for a while say have like a size 12 top and a size 20 bottom.. with tiny little stick legs coming out of a huge ***.. lol..

My legs are floating in my pants now but the hips keep them pants up.. the waist is huge too . so its uncomforatble .. i think im gonna trade my jeans in for track pants while i lose weight becuase , it kinda sucks to have the jeans fit bad..

Frustrationg isn't it.. lol
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:44 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Well, inch loss is about fat loss. To get rid of fat, you have to burn more calories than you consume.

Unfortunately, we don't decide where we lose weight first...our bodies pretty much determine that for us. So there is nothing you can do to eliminate fat around your hips...only to reduce fat in a general sense, some of which will likely come off of your hips, and some from other places.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:24 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Well, inch loss is about fat loss. To get rid of fat, you have to burn more calories than you consume.

Unfortunately, we don't decide where we lose weight first...our bodies pretty much determine that for us. So there is nothing you can do to eliminate fat around your hips...only to reduce fat in a general sense, some of which will likely come off of your hips, and some from other places.
EXACTLY what Amanda said...

There is no magic spot reducing technique, exercise a LOT, eat less but eat "healthy unprocessed points" , whole foods, lots of green veggies and low fat proteins...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote