Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-23-2008, 12:50 PM   #1  
Goonies never say die!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default headache after workout

I just did a really intense aerobics class and now i have a headache. This is probably the most intense that i have ever worked out in recent times. (years).

I seriously doubt it's from dehydration because i drink a TON of water before/during/after workout and all through the course of the day.

My face was REALLY red after the class and stayed red a little longer. (which isn't totally normal for me... for it to be red a longer period of time after working out)

Did i just overexert myself? Any ideas?

Last edited by DaisyNicole; 02-23-2008 at 12:51 PM.
DaisyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:24 PM   #2  
Observer of Phenomena

Height: 5' 4"

I've had that happen when I've worked out at a high intensity and not eaten enough. Did you eat anything before your workout?

I keep a nutrition bar in my gym bag, and once or twice I've even taken a break during my workout to fuel when I've started feeling "off". I'd rather have to pause for a bit than end up with a splitting headache that takes hours to subside!
3Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:29 PM   #3  
Goonies never say die!

I had two slices of peanut butter toast and a banana before! Maybe it was just too long before... about 3 hours.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi
hope this helps, some other things besides hydration may cause a headache - a couple are to be sure to warm up and cool down and eat something sweet about a half hour before you start- like an orange or a tablespoon of peanut butter also help.
One other safety measure is to check with your doctor.
trailgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:05 AM   #5  
Goonies never say die!

I have a doc appointment this coming Thursday to talk about blood sugar issues, so i will be sure to bring this up as well! Thanks for the input!
Old 02-24-2008, 08:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

Have you checked your blood pressure? Red face, headache? That means high blood pressure to me. I wouldn't exercise again until I had my pressure checked first.
missingmyerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I get headaches after swim workouts if I'm not cautious about warming up & cooling down properly but it is due to the super controlled breathing involved. Is it possible you were not breathing enough?
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:12 PM   #8  
Carb fiend!

S/C/G: 246/232/140

Height: 5'8"

Might it be caused by low electrolites (spelling :S)? I only tend to get a headache after i've been sweating loads and gone bright red when riding and i come away with a headache. Also drinking water won't replace them unless its that sports water stuff that has them added and drinking only water will only dilute them further. Perhaps talk to the aerobics instructor?
FakeFrowns is offline   Reply With Quote