Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-31-2008, 08:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/145/125

Height: 5ft.3in

Question Begginer exercise question HELP!!!

Good Morning, Anyone know of a good exercise DVD for beginners. I have never exercised before, but now that I am 31 and had my 4th yes 4th daughter 21 months ago I still have 15 pounds to lose. My oldest daughter is a cheerleader and basketball player and I can't even keep up with her on the court for more than 5mins. I tried Jillian Michaels (The biggest loser) DVD Monday, that is the last day I exercised. I hurt so bad it hurts to sit and I only completed 15mins. TO HARD CORE FOR ME!! RIGHT NOW THAT IS!! So what did you guys start off with? Thanks Christy

You all are so motivating!!
racerwife07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:59 AM   #2  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

For starting - The Walk Away the Pounds DVD's are great. Simple moves - easy to do. And there are 3 different ones - the one mile, two mile, and three mile. I found they get boring quickly - but they are fantastic for just starting or for days when I really don't feel like doing anything.

I have also had some good luck with Denise Austin's DVD's. I bought a cardio dance one - I actually hate the cardio part, but it has a strength training portion that I LOVE. I don't know if you have Netflix or Blockbuster online - but they have workout DVD's you can rent - which is a good way to try some out and find one you like?
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:14 AM   #3  
Chel

Height: 5'5"

I love Walk Away the Pounds. I have never liked fitness videos because I could never keep up... The first WATP I did was Walk Strong as I found it for about 4 bucks at a consignment shorp. It does intervals of cardio and weight training and I still do that one quite a bit. Then, I got the 1,2 & 3 mile cd at Walmart. And I love those too. They are easy to follow with simple moves (no fancy dancing type stuff) and I think they're fun.
project chel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:16 AM   #4  
soon to be a SkinnyDipper

S/C/G: 256/232/139

Height: 5'4"

I like the richard simmons videos lol...don't laugh now, they're fun!
ChunkyDunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/145/125

Height: 5ft.3in

Sounds like walk Away the Pounds is where I am going to start. I need something slow that I can keep up with. What is the length of the videos? With 4 very busy girls to get everywhere, a full time job, and currently enrolled to earn my Associates Degree in Education; so I have a very limited amount of time. Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!!! Christy
racerwife07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:33 AM   #6  
Working at it!

S/C/G: 159/156/130

Height: 5-3"

OK, I'm not laughing AT Chunky Dunker, but I AM laughing with her! She's right! Sweatin to the oldies is a blast! I can even get my kids to do it with me...We laugh so hard I skip crunches because my stomache already hurts!
Look on Ebay or something, these are so oldschool I bet yo could get 'em dirt cheap!...I stole mine out of my moms VHS collection
Jodi N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:36 AM   #7  
Chel

Height: 5'5"

If you start with the 1,2 & 3 mile dvd (all workouts in one dvd) The 1 mile is about 18 minutes, the 2 miles is about 30 minutes and the 3 miles is about 47 minutes. The time goes by really fast. The Walk Strong dvd is about 35 minutes I think. If you want to, you could go to youtube.com and search Leslie Sansone or Walk Away the Pounds and find little bits of the workouts. That's what I did and thought it was something I could do.
project chel is offline   Reply With Quote