Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-29-2007, 02:41 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

Lisa, you are correct, I'm totally hooked and have already signed up for my next one lol. Your new 5k time is awesome, I am jealous!

Helen, I know you will do great in your mara...very excited for you!

I did 2 miles today with the stroller on a very hilly course.
LeedaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:05 PM   #152  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Lisa and LeedaRenee - Congrats on your 5k races! Sounds like you both did great.

At my last 5k they were only serving Bratwurst after (Johnsonville sponsored the event) so nothing for me! At least the T-shirt I got at that one was nice. Race for the Cure had the best munchies I've seen at any race, practically a full buffet sponsored by Whole Foods.

Helen – I’m so excited for you! That’s so crazy that you’re doing 2 marathons so close together, I am in double awe. My brother did the NY marathon in 2003, we drove up and had a great time.

ennay – love the new avatar! So cute.

Been churning out my usual 3 to 3.5 miles every other day, mixed in with a few yoga and strength training sessions. Think I'm finally gaining a little speed these days.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:21 PM   #153  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi all - I didn't run for 11 days, but got back to it on Saturday with 2 miles, and today with 4. Felt good to run again; and no achy legs - bizarre! Odd how the body will bounce back from years of abuse..

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:10 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Yay for getting back to it, Heather!!

Yay for your consistency, shananigans!

Yay for signing up for another race, Leeda!

Ok, after all the yays... I just ran 1.8 miles with the kids today, but I had pain pain pain in my left leg. The pain is extending from my butt to my calf now, and my husband thinks it's sciatica. Eek! I guess I really do need to see a doctor. I've been reading up on it and that actually sounds like what's going on. So the pulled hamstring thing was probably not what it is. It's pretty painful, though, so I probably should see about it and stop running! It's so hard to do that, though, because I'm seriously into it now. Oh well. At least I don't have a race coming up, now that I can't do that 8k I was scheduled for (it's the same day as our state cross country meet).
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:15 PM   #155  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Hi guys, sorry I havent been on in awhile

The good news is my foot is not broken, the bad news is my podiatrist says no running for several more weeks.

Lisa great race! - You did it right, 5K's are weird, push hard and then slow down, totally backwards.

Leeda!

Thinking of you Helen! when do you fly to the states?
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:50 AM   #156  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I fly tomorrow! I've just been out for my last run here, I'm travelling down to london this morning, meeting up with everyone (they're doing some media work this afternoon but I have a meeting I need to go to on the way so won't get there in time) and staying in a hotel down there tonight, then flying tomorrow.

Keep an eye out for us - apparentlywe might be featured in the US press. It's been put together by the Christopher Reeve Foundation and a UK charity called XIII Heroes, and the guy I'm running with is called Matt King.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:50 AM   #157  

Heather--Glad your were able to get right back into it!

Ennay, I'm glad your foot isn't broken, but that has to be a bummer not being able to run I have a friend that's been running for years and she said when she had to stop for a few weeks due to an injury, she started having dreams where she was running. Nothing else would happen, she would just run hehe. They went away when she got better.

Lisa, that does sound like sciatica. I had it really bad when I was pregnant. Let us know what the doc says.

shananigans--there is something so wrong about the thought of brautwurst at a 5k...ok brautwurst period! The whole foods buffet sounds just right.

Don't know if I will go running today or not. I got a free pass the YMCA for 2 weeks during the 5k and I thought about going to use it today. It would be nice to swim in a heated pool and run on a nice indoor track or treadmill without the stroller (they have daycare) however, I'm not sure how baby will act in daycare. Oh well, we will give it a shot.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:26 AM   #158  

I forgot that I wanted to ask. I would like to get a garmin and saw a few on ebay that were second hand. Is there any reason that it would be bad to buy a used one?
Old 10-31-2007, 12:25 AM   #159  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I know people who have gotten garmins off of ebay. Several of the 201/301's went on ebay when the 205/305's came out as people upgraded. DONT get a 100 series whatever you do.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:39 AM   #160  

What's wrong with the 100 series?
Old 10-31-2007, 12:00 PM   #161