Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2001, 01:00 AM   #1  

Smile Looking to join a exercise group....lots to lose

I'm new to this exercise posting.....and would like to find a group to join that walks, or air glides as thats my main 2 types of exercise when I do them! need a push and support just to get moving!

With close to 100 pounds to lose exercise and this body are at war with each other. I really do hate the exercise part.....my body aches from head to toe, I'm out of breath so easy and if doing 15-20 minutes on a treadmil counts I do try and do it twice a week.............so as you can see I'm looking for help.

Santa came early with a new nordic track treadmill which can be programed to I fit on the computer or the t.v has several programs in it, and you can added what ever you like. You can do laps, hills, climb mountains checks your heart rate in special handles.......all the bells and whistles.......just need to get motivated to get on.
I went to my last weight watchers meeting last Tuesday for 2001 with a 3.8 pound gain,, the week before was a 2.8 pound gain so it's been tough just trying to reduce the stress, overcome illness and 2 infestions, a hospital stay and .........well December has been tough on me and I'm looking for a new start with a new attitude for the New Year. Would like to start tomorrow as it's Monday....Christmas Eve no less but what a better gift for myself!

So if there is room for one more I'm willing....

Snowball..................Happy Holidays!

Last edited by snowball; 12-24-2001 at 01:02 AM.
Old 12-28-2001, 11:13 AM   #2  

Hey there Snowball... Welcome! There's a number of threads I post on that have really helped me "keep at it". Two that immediately come to mind are the Excercise / Walking thread that's got lots of "pages" to it. The other that is just great is the McSkinny's Loosing Floozies / December Exercise Challenge (or something like that) -- that helps me set a goal. Don't let the mileage we're doing put you off. I started walking 5 years ago and was grateful to be able to walk 15 min. Now I do miles. I'm sure there are a number of other Exercise threads as well, and know you'll find one that works for you.

I'll look for ya on these threads.
Closed Thread