Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-13-2007, 11:25 AM   #1  
mathlab

S/C/G: 224/163/145

Height: 5'3"

Question Do I need to do cardio on toning days?

I do moderately vigorous toning DVD workouts 2-3 times a week and do an hour of cardio the other days of the week. Aside from the warm-ups prior to the toning, do I need to incorporate cardio on the days I do toning?

I work out every day and I don't want to do more than an hour of exercise a day (that's how I keep myself going daily).
bethel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:45 AM   #2  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Well it looks like you've been losing plenty of weight with the regimen you're doing now, so I wouldn't think you'd need to add in more cardio on those days. Some people do, I personally don't do cardio on the days I weight train. I'd say yes maybe if you hit a plateau, but if you're still steadily losing, why change? You don't want to tire yourself out.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:45 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

If what you're doing is still working to help you lose weight, by all means keep doing it... One hour/day is the recommendation... As OnceUponADrive said if you reach a plateau then you may want to change your routine by adding more time or intensity to your workout...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote