Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-14-2007, 03:35 PM   #1  

Default walking with blisters

I have been walking for 1 week twice a day 15 minutes each doing a very brisk walk. I overdid it yesterday and walked an hour and now I have blisters on both feet that are very painful even when I'm walking or standing on them. What can I do for them because I really want to walk but it hurts
maryccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:17 PM   #2  

Go get a Spenco blister kit (try an outdoors store or a sports-goods store) and use it. It comes with good directions.

Moving forward, make sure that your shoes fit and that you're wearing non-blistering, wicking socks. These would be different from your daily-wear socks.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:29 PM   #3  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

I use aquaphor to prevent them and moisture wicking socks. When I get them from other shoe (heels, etc) I use aquaphor to treat them and cover them with a bandaid. Don't pop them just, it will hurt way more. They will go down naturally in a few days.
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 02:50 PM   #4  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

I also have a similar problem, but only with one heel. One of my feet is bigger than the other and the bigger one got a REALLY bad blister on the heel and then a blister ON TOP of the blister. Something on the back of the shoe is rubbing against my heel making it bad.

What are wicking socks? Do you have a picture that you can post? This might help me in the future...for now I've been dealing with it and still exercising but it hurts the bejeebees outta me.
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:12 AM   #5  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

I found some Wicking Socks here

http://www.jms.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce..._Socks-_-16418
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:19 AM   #6  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Great! Now I know what I'm looking for. I DEFINITLY need some of those...I see how different they are from the socks I wear now. Mine are actually pretty worn in the heels and that could be why I'm getting heel blisters!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:25 PM   #7  
I DO have a BellyButton!

I want to thank you guys because I went out and bought like 10 pairs of wicking socks!! They're grrreat! And I can definitly tell the different between them and the socks I have.

Very helpful thread.