Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-14-2007, 08:38 PM   #1  
Wanna Be a Loser

S/C/G: 221/206/155

Default Anyone have Brooks running shoes?

Do you like 'em?
I tried some on the other day after a pro consultation, and I loved the way they felt on my feet. I think those are the shoes for me, but I wanted to get opinions from others on how they hold up. Thanks!
jokemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Me, me, me! I went to a running store and was given a choice of a couple (after the guy looked at my gait, my old shoes, etc., etc.) and chose Brooks. They've worked well for me. I don't put as many miles on them as others might, but I need good cushioning because of knee problems. My Brooks work really well for me.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I wear Brooks Addiction and my husband wears Brooks Adrenaline (I think). I bought my first pair in August and used them to transition from walking to running. They were great the whole time, but I bought a new pair recently of the EXACT SAME SHOE, and I just can't get them to break in. They feel like they give me zero support, and I can't figure out why. Maybe my feet shrank and they're the wrong size now, I don't know! It's very freaky. I've been wanting to try a different shoe but I can't afford another new pair after just buying those. The first pair were fantastic, though, and my husband is an avid runner and running coach who swears by Brooks shoes.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:57 PM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I do! I do! I have the GTS 6's and LOVE them. So worth the money, IMO.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:31 PM   #5  
Wanna Be a Loser

S/C/G: 221/206/155

Thanks for your opinions! After reading these comments and thinking about it, I will get a pair of Brooks. They really did feel like "the pair for me" as soon as I put them on... I think it was the GTS-7 style.

Thanks again!
jokemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:50 PM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

I just retired my Brook Ariels.... They were comfy from the get go and they have never given me sore knees... I do like them but they are a bit too heavy I find, I like a lighter shoe... Today I bought Reeboks Permier Road Plus, so far to so good ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote