Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-13-2007, 11:51 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 7''

I've had a real comedy experience when I was just warming up on the treadmill and my ipod fell off the stand, off down the belt and onto the ground. I had a good 15 secs of not walking and getting to the end of the belt..realising I was about to fall off..then walking back up again...I did this several times before I thought to hit the stop button. I had people laughing all round me.

I've hit the stop button by accident while running and nearly went flying (lots and lots of times).
I've snorted water...generally I drink from a bottle, it never dawned on me it would be difficult from a cup!
I've done the bum sweat on light coloured shorts..never again!
..and a host of other things that I'd rather forget...
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:19 PM   #17  
Sexy American Girlfriend!

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5"7"

This is too funny!

My biggest red-faced moment happened a couple of months ago. I was on the treadmill, really getting into the groove and pumping my arms hard when one hand caught the cord of my MP3 player. It fell to the treadmill belt, then shot across the room behind me. I was so freaked out cuz my MP3 player was brand spankin' new that I forgot to push "pause" on the treadmill and scrambled after it. I was launched a few feet off the back of the treadmill, but did manage to stay standing. I had about 20 witness, at least, but they all pretended they didn't see it. LOL
BeezKnees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:06 PM   #18  

Those are all so embarrassing!

I'd so rather have my thighs rub together (digging my shorts out where they've crept up my inner thighs? Not embarrassing!) and not be able to walk up a flight of stairs (stop midway to catch my breath? Everyone does it, right, even all those other people who are trying to shove past me while my heart races and I sweat and gasp?)! And wearing jeans and 3/4 sleeves all summer because my arms and legs shouldn't be seen in public? No one _ever_ notices that I'm overdressed when it's close to 100 degrees out, I'm certain. And shopping in the Big Girls stores? Not embarrassing at all! Made me feel greeeeeat!

Reality check-- no one at the gym cares what you do. So you fell; pick yourself up and try again. Everyone farts, everyone sweats.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:13 PM   #19  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I've not had anything really bad, although my one and only fall at running club was about the third time I ran with them which probably didn't give the best impression!

Oh, and yoga has a tendency to make me fart. I do yoga at home now
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:06 PM   #20  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
...I'd so rather have my thighs rub together (digging my shorts out where they've crept up my inner thighs? Not embarrassing!)...
You too??? If my thighs don't create the Dreaded Short Creep, when could I get a chance to do my Monty Python Funny Walk? You know, the one where every 3 steps or so, you take a reaaaaaally big stride to unbunch the shorts

That's why I switched to jean cut-offs that came to just above my knees when I'm going through a fat phase

Yeah, everyone is human, and thank God we can laugh about it I'm loving these stories! ("gas leak"!! I know, I'm like, 12, right? hehehehe!)
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:27 PM   #21  
Ilene the Bean

Sometimes, not all the time I get vaginal farts when I do the head or shoulder stand, such a weird feeling and you can NOT hold it in, no way!! I've even worn a tampon in order not to make any noise...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:41 PM   #22  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I am a trainwreck at the gym. The farting, for sure, since my diet is so high in fiber (healthy, yes, but lets just say I always try to find an elliptical where those on either side of me have headphones on).

I am generally klutzy...just yesterday I was coming out of the locker room and ran...into...the doorframe. I am just that awesome. I also twisted a knee/ankle and teetered off of an elliptical once. I drop my mp3 player daily on the elliptical, which makes a crashing noise and everyone stares.

Also, my partner and I work out near eachother, so we have cardio "challenges" - one of us will catch the eye of the other and start running as FAST as we can. We battle to see who gives in first. But thats not so much embarrassing as just dorky, arms flailing about as we run faster than is maintainable.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:18 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 215/192/145

Height: 5'6"

How about being told by several students after an aerobics class that the new spotlights made your cute little white top see-through.....doh!!
harrypotterybarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 07:12 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Height: 5'7

OK...these are great! Thanks everyone for chiming in...I don't feel so bad now. I'm pretty sure I can walk into the gym again...lol.

I haven't made it back in the last week, cause I work nights and hubby works days and we have a little one at home, but I'll work it out soon to where I can go, with a little confidence...hehe.

Thanks again everyone for the encouragement! I kept telling myself 'these people don't know me' and that helped a bit....

Hope everyone has a great St. Patrick's Day and is safe at the gym...hehe.

Kim
OneKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:26 PM   #25  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I'm glad to hear that others have gas leaks. This is a regular problem for me, although usually I can be quiet about it or hold it in. Once though I was doing leg lifts on the Roman chair thingy and completely let one loose. It was loud; I swear I could hear it echoing throughout the gym. I don't know whether to be thankful that there were only a few people around to witness it or to wish there were more in hopes that I could have pretended it was someone else. Also, if there'd been a few more people around, maybe there would have been more background noise so the echoing effect wouldn't have been quite as extreme.

I also sweat a lot, sometimes so much it looks like I've peed myself, even in my black, super-lightweight, supposedly moisture-wicking (ha-ha, is there really any such thing or is this just a myth perpetuated by the workout clothes industry to make us pay more), expensive workout capris. I no longer care about this and will even run errands after working out with the sweat marks still visible. Once I did some exercise involving wall sits with my back against the mirrored walls in my gym's free exercise area. When I moved away from the wall, I was horrified to see a misty impression of my backside in the mirror. I don't do wall sits anymore...
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote