Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-08-2007, 07:55 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default Who goes to Curves?

I just joined yesterday. I'm used to exercising at home with videos, but need a challenge 'cause I have become complacent with my routines.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/175/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi, I'm new here as of yesterday, but I've been going to Curves for two months. I feel great there, but I have to say that I haven't lost any weight and while I think my torso is trimmer, the legs of my pants have started to snug up. Can anyone tell me why?
karwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:54 PM   #3  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

You may not lose weight from just exercise alone. But exercising muscle can redistribute the weight you have to where some portions may bulk up more while others tone down.

I joined Curves for quite the same reason as you Holly. I was pregnant at the time and finding one excuse after another to not do my videos or go for walks and the jogging had become way too difficult. Rather than see myself slip out of exercising altogether, I joined Curves and spent 5 days a week there throughout the pregnancy. It was great. Once I was able to get back to exercising, I got back out and started running again, but still did 3 days a week at Curves. I continued there until just last month and finally cancelled my membership. Only because my hubby works long hours and I was never able to find the time to get there as I had my son with me. So I do my exercise at home and get outdoors with him during good weather.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/175/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi,
I'm sticking with Curves even tho' I haven't seen the scale move...and I started going to 'get away' from my little ones! With driving, the whole thing takes less than an hour and its the best part of my day. I love that its not a beauty competition like some gym's can be. I hope your at-home workouts are a success...that's something I could never get into!!
karwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:26 PM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Thank you all for the responses! I am looking forward to the comraderie and support there. The owner and employees are very knowledgeable and energetic and supportive.

I am going to continue my workouts at home, also! Did a 30 minute step aerobic tape today plus an ab workout.

I know I've only had one session so far, but I felt kinda awkward with the oblique machine, and the other ab machine. Hope I get more coordinated with time.

I hope hope hope to see a little loss somewhere on this bod, in a month when we weigh and measure again!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote