3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   All Air Walkers / Regular Walkers etc - New beginnings! #36 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/10142-all-air-walkers-regular-walkers-etc-new-beginnings-36-a.html)

LoseForLife 10-23-2001 09:16 PM

Hi all!

I had quite a good day yesterday. My approach is different now. I can tell that it’s no longer a battle of wills between my “weak” side and “strong” side, but just me being determined to get the body I want as and when I can. It doesn’t mean I’m slacking off, but just that I know that it’s totally up to me how I do this. Sounds silly, because that's what I was thinking before, but now I really believe it. Because I've finally accepted my body for what it is, rather than myth, bias, criticism, etc, I no longer have to fight it. I've said, well this is what I've got, I can't change that, but I CAN change how I live to improve myself. ie. for the rest of my life I will always gain weight quicker than others, so I either just let it be, be overweight, and accept it because I'm beautiful anyway, or accept that if I want to be slim I have to consciously take steps to keep myself that way. Again, I don't know if I'm making sense, but to me, it's all so clear, and..... easy, if I can say that. The pressure's off. I can now lose weight in my own time, knowing that at every step of the way I am still a great person, and me being slim has got NOTHING to do with anyone or anything except what I want.

Anyway, enough of that or you'll kick me out! :lol:

I STILL haven't exercised = last night I was going to go to the gym when Marc got home, but he didn't finish work till late, so missed out again! And I was too tired by then to do my aerobics! grrrr! Try again today! *sigh* I can't wait till this is all over and I can get back to having my own time again!

Shasta, you use more !!!! than I do! :lol: It's great, you've got such motivation and energy in your posts, it's great to read! Glad to hear that you're back on track and feeling better. You're doing enough already, I don't know where you get the time or energy to do anymore, you're amazing! :D

Hey Rose, don't you worry about those pics - you'll be inundated with them! hee hee What I'll do is get a whole pile scanned into the puter and then email them to you all, but that won't happen till after christmas, so you're just gonna have to wait! :D Good on ya for getting on your machine, you set a good example, like you say 10 minutes is better than nothing - I think I need to take a leaf out of your book too!

Talk to you all tomorrow, and thanks again for letting me ramble!
Lynne :wave:

ras8779 10-24-2001 11:14 AM

Hey Everyone let's go to thread #37:D! We're on page two and it always loads slower so what do you say?