Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/192/130

Lightbulb Looking for a good gym routine

I have a membership to the gym, and access to sessions with a personal trainer. However I'm too shy to meet with one. I'm just a little confused about what to do. I usually only use the elliptical or the treadmill. I find they help me burn the most calories. I'm just not sure if I should be doing something different. I mean I'm sure some exercise is better than none at all, but I don't want to be doing something that will take forever to see some results. If any one has some advice they would like to share I would greatly appreciate it.
Chubby Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:54 PM   #2  
In it to win it

S/C/G: 295/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I'd suggest maybe adding some weight training to your routine if you don't already do it
BeachKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

OMG if you have access to a personal trainer take it!! Put your shyness aside, you will not be sorry, he/she will answer any and all questions you have about weight training and exercise... Go for it!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #4  

Most def hook up with a personal trainer. You can burn more calories adding resistance training to your program. For example, using five pound weights while doing lunges.
nathanas85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 140/135.8/120

Height: 5'6"

Get out of your comfort zone and make yourself go with the trainer. You can do this and once you do it you'll think"Well that wasn't so bad". Then it's easier for next time. I am the same as you but I've been trying to kick myself out of my comfort zone cuz I notice I get more confident with myself. Good luck

If not, 8-10 lbs hand weights, doing squats and lunges, sit ups, push ups. Any of those can add to your routine
Salgal is offline   Reply With Quote