Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #1  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default Who uses the Wii Fit?

If this subject has been covered before, please direct me to the correct thread. I have some questions about it.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:27 PM   #2  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

I use it! and I love it! the best investment we ever made towards our weight loss!
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:09 PM   #3  

I too have it and really enjoy it. There are some who would say that it isn't much of a workout but I doubt they are doing the strength exercises if they are saying that. Besides strength all the aerobics workouts are great as well. The yoga is also effective, but I don't really do it much. It's like a much funner version of a personal trainer added with video games. And you get to create a cute little mii character who will cheer you on I'm sure. I've been doing it (strength mixed w/ aerobics circuit style) for about 45 mins a day and I am really noticing a difference in how my clothes fit. Only been doing it for about a week though, Still, very very fun.
LanMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #4  
Bobbi

I just hooked our's up yesterday and did all the exercises available. Today I also did all the different forms of yoga, strength, aerobic, etc. plus some new ones that opened up. One of the questions I have is the slowness of it all. Isn't there a faster way, I'd like to elimanate all the talking and clicking of A in between exercises. I spent over an hour for 35 minutes of actual exercise. I don't think I'll be able to do this daily because of the time. Any advice? Also, I'm not sure how to turn it off. After I've completed all the exercises, how do I turn it off. Just eject the disc? (The instructions don't say)
Old 03-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #5  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I have had my wii fit for a few months, have unlocked most of the programs.
I still can't get over the fact that I don't like exercise.
I can no longer go to the gym, I live in the country now and gym membership is not an option....
I "think" I do better with others, for instance I go to yoga and pilates once a week each, I like the classes being led for me. But my schedule makes it difficult. I work on call and can't always get places for a booked class.
Enough with the excuses.
How do you motivate yourself to exercise and get it done. I can get on, but not stay on....
we have it all, a treadmill, a nordictrack skier, weights, wii fit, and a downhill ski exerciser. Variety is not a problem.
I can get on any machine, get started, but going for more than 15-20 minutes, its just too dull, I try to make myself keep going, but just can't.
Some ideas to get me doing something aerobic for more than 15 minutes?
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:06 PM   #6  
Cheesecake? Yes plz!

S/C/G: 155/149.8/135

Height: 5'7"

I use my WiiFit not as often as I used to (I've gotten into some other exercises right now) but when I do, I used mostly the free step or free run. I like to play the games and do the strength exercises, but I feel that they are not as challenging for what I want to do.

I also do not like the constant returning to menu to change games or exercises. With the free run and step, I can change the channel back to the TV, and step/run until I can't anymore. I like that it can monitor my weight and my BMI for me.

I have, however, noticed a change in my posture just by using the balance test daily. It's amazing what just posture will do for your body and how it actually makes you look leaner just by standing correctly.

I do recommend it, but it's not worth the money for people who don't like silly games, who can't use it fairly regularly, and for those who have little time to exercise (because of the time it takes to turn the game on/off, go through the menus, etc).
LuckyJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:43 PM   #7  

Hmmn interesting. I think I will look into this one to check it out.
Lisa1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:22 AM   #8  
Bobbi

I'm a retired person (63) and purchased the Wii console and the Wii Fit. We don't play any of the games, I mainly purchased it for the Wii Fit. Today I'm deleting all my exercise records and putting the whole thing up for sale on Ebay. You would think I have all the time in the world for exercising but I'm busy. If I could skip all the gabbing in between the exercises, I'd keep it. It takes about 1 hour to get in 1/2 hour of exercises. It's way too expensive for what I purchased it for. If you have children at home, go for it. My grandson's love theirs and continually get their money's worth out of it.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

If you haven't sold it already you might want to check out My Fitness Coach, Gold's Gym, or the new EA Active. They're faster paced that Wii Fit.
vertigoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:39 PM   #10  
Bobbi

I did purchase the Coach but never used that either. I sold the whole bunch on ebay and glad I retreived some money back. The family that purchased it was grateful for getting it so cheap!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

The Wii Fit Plus is much better... you can do combined workouts where there isnt near the amount of talking.... I do agree with you that that can get trying... I have been burning about 750 calories in a little under an hour on mine...
Angel26519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel26519 View Post
I have been burning about 750 calories in a little under an hour on mine...
WOW! What is your workout plan that does that for you? That is incredible!
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

I do alot of the advanced games and then the free run... I put it on in the Picture in Picture on my tv and then watch something else... I love the games... it does not even feel like I am working out... the hula hoop game is a blast.
Angel26519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 325/315/190

Great job, Angel! I have the Wii Fit Plus and I love it. Yesterday I was finally able to spend some Santa money and bought a step bracket to go under the balance board at Best Buy. It raises the board about 3 inches off the ground making it more like the old school step benches. It is made by Everlast. I know I am a little more sore using the bracket. When I get a little bit more advanced, I will be buying a couple more. I love the snowball fight, island biking game and the obstacle course although I keep getting knocked off.

Last edited by janann; 01-04-2010 at 12:25 AM.
janann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #15  

I just finished the first of two 15 minute workouts on my Wii. I was thinking about the Fit Plus, wondering if it was any good. I may have to into getting it.
LadyJez is offline   Reply With Quote