Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:16 PM   #1  
Lola is Back!

S/C/G: 226/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Default Bow Flex TREADCLIMBER???

Does anyone have the Bow Flex Treadclimber? If yes... do you like it and is it better than a treadmill? I have the Bow Flex select tech weights -- and I like the quality of this product.

Just wondering about the Bow Flex Treadclimber -- claims to be a better calorie burning than a treadmill.

Any thoughts?

Lola125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:31 PM   #2  
it's always something

I don't know anyone that has one, but sister Jennifer considered buying one last year. One thing we noticed was the high number of refurbished ones on the market, which made us wonder how reliable they were. She decided against getting one. Just a thought
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

I have one. I bought it used . . . it had less than 1 hour on it and I paid only $500. I felt that was an AWESOME deal. The lady who purchased it new bought it for her husband who lost a hand in an accident. He was unable to use it because you MUST hold on to the machine when you use it.

I've got about 40 hours on it now and have not had any problems. I know you are supposed to change the hydraulic tubes about once a year but I hear it's no big deal to put the new ones on. A friend of mine has had hers for about 3 years and has changed the tubes twice. She puts 45 minutes a day on her machine 365 days a year. I don't remember what she said the tubes cost.

It's a fast and fabulous cardio workout. I am within my aerobic zone within the first 60- 70 seconds of getting on the machine.

It comes with a Heart Rate Monitor, a Polar transmitter strap, that is accurate for your heart rate but I can tell you the "calories burned" feature is VERY off. For me, it's off about 50%. For my husband it's off about 35%.

I use a Polar F4 when I workout. Here's a few of my last TreadClimber stats. I'm 42 years old, female, 177 pounds. (Down from 212)

21 minute workout, 20:22 in the zone, average heart rate 135, max heart rate, 152, calories burned: 160

38 minutes: 300 calories burned. (Didn't write down other stuff.)

90 minutes: 709 calories burned.

I highly recommend the TreadClimber. Please feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:06 PM   #4  
start march 29 2008

S/C/G: 286/140/135

Height: 5'4''

does it hurt your knees? I know ellipticals are not supposed to hurt your knees but mine does.
lifechange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

I didn't have any trouble with my knees when the TreadClimber was my only workout. When I started adding additional workouts I noticed my knees sometimes get sore, but I don't blame the TreadClimber.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote