Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2001, 08:43 AM   #1  

4 or 5 chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 8 oz. sour cream

Boil chicken and cut into bite size pieces. Place in the bottom of pan. Mix soup and sour cream together and pour over chicken.

They now call for you to crumble ritz crackers and sprinkle on top of it and pour some melted butter over them. I just don't put them on and we love this. But I'll bet you could crumble pork rinds and do the same topping with them. You can play around with this recipe. I've put two cans of soup in and 16 oz. of sour cream and it makes it bigger. Anyway bake 350 for about 20 min.
Toni

Last edited by Toni48; 05-27-2001 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-27-2001, 11:54 AM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I make one with the chicken, and broccoli. Use cream of mushroom soup, and mayo equal amountsthen near the end I add cheddar cheese.

Yours sounds delicious for a nice change. I love the flavor of sour cream. I will have to try that one.
Old 05-27-2001, 10:40 PM   #3  

Default Question to Nasus40

I have a question about your recipe. When you say equal amount of mayo, do you mean that you use the equal amount of mayo as the cream of mushroom soup?

Sherrie
Old 05-28-2001, 08:55 AM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Yes it is if i use a small can of soup I use about 1 cup of mayo and 2 cans 2 cups
]
one thing I do for extra flavor is I will cut the chicken up and cook it in a pan with onions. That adds extra flavor and makes it really good. on a god day i also will add some mushrooms.

One thing is to when baking make sure that you bake it untill the broccoli changes color from the bright green to the olive green. that is when it is falvored through very well.

This recipe works great for pot luck dinners I know that i can eat some thing there. and great for crockpot dinners too.
Old 01-20-2002, 03:02 PM   #5  
A new Mom

I do a chicken and gravy similar to this...

Chicken breast chopped in bite size pieces (as many as needed to feed your family) do not cook the chicken breast.
1 pkg of smoked sliced beef (Carl Buddig type) cut into at least quarters

Place in the bottom of a 9x13 pan (sliced beef on bottom). Then combine the following and pour over top.

1/2 stick butter softened
1-2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup (depending on the ammount of chicken used)
16 oz sour cream
1/2 C cream sherry
1 Tbs or so Worcestershire Sauce

Cook at 350 for 2 - 3 hours stirring occasionally.

My husband eats this over biscuits. I like it over steamed broccoli and cauliflower (unless I'm being bad and having biscuits too. ) It is also great over noodles or rice. If you like lots of sauce you can add more soup or sour cream or both. I don't know the carb count for this though...

Lara H
Old 01-29-2002, 11:41 PM   #6  
WW Moderator

Default Poppy Seed Chicken?

Is this the same as poppy seed chicken? It has been a while since I made it, so I can't remember for sure. It is really good! Is the soup low carb, though? I don't have a can handy, but I thought the Campbells was something like 30 carbs per can. That isn't really high though when you consider it is spreading out among 4-5 servings. For stricter low carbers or those that cannot tolerate white flour, here is the Atkins recipe for Cream of Mushroom Soup. ) I think I am going to make this on the next cold day!

1/2 pound Mushrooms -- 250g sliced thin
4 ounces Butter -- 125g
5 cups Chicken broth
5 cups Beef broth
2 tablespoons Sesame seeds -- toasted and crushed
1/2 teaspoon Seasoned salt
1 cup Heavy cream
1 tablespoon Chives -- minced
1/2 medium onion -- chopped

Sauté mushrooms in half the butter for 5 minutes. Mix broths; add mushrooms. Melt remainng butter in saucepan. Add crushed sesame seeds. Gradually add some broth, stirring steadily. Return sesame mixture to balance ot broth. Add salt. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Stir in heavy cream until well blended. Serve in cups with garnish of chives.
Closed Thread