Old 06-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #1  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Default Delicious, simple recipe for fish fillets!

I don't know if this is up already, but it's a fantastic recipe I just read in an older book. I altered it a bit.

The recipe is simple, fast, and SO good! Very low in fat, carbs and everything else with the way I make it.

Here's the recipe for 1 serving.

Ingredients:

4-5 oz swai fillet, thawed (I got mine at Walmart, and it said 70 cals for 4 oz)
1 fl. oz Beringer zinfandel white wine (their website says ~20 cals per fl. oz)
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 sprigs parsley
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
2 thin lemon slices
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Put the fish on a piece of foil that you've sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Leave about 2 inches on each side. Later, you'll put another piece of foil on top and fold the edges to seal the packet. OR, you could just do 1 piece big enough to envelop the fish.

2. Preheat oven to 350.

3. Fold the edges of the foil up to make a little boat. Drizzle the wine over the fish. Then sprinkle the thyme and fennel on the fish. Put on the lemon slices. Lay the parsley sprigs on top. Season with salt and pepper. Then seal up the packet.

4. Bake on a baking sheet in the oven for 10-15 minutes or so. To eat, you can put the fish in a flatish bowl and put the broth over the top, or you can do it like me and eat it right out of the foil.

The broth is delicious, the fish is delicate, and the fennel absolutely makes this dish! By the way, some wine on the side is good with it, too.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote