Old 03-28-2011, 02:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5' 7"

Default Stuffed peppers

I have some peppers in my fridge that are about to go out of date and I was thinking I'd try making some stuffed peppers this week. I've never made any before, so I was wondering what works well?
MusicalJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #2  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

I LOVE this "recipe" - i cook the peppers up in the microwave until tender (instead of boiling them to get started) and mix up some spicy turkey sausage taken out of the casing and crumbled up - i use two links but I'm trying to keep it fairly light. I cook up diced onions and other peppers, also sautee matchstick carrots chopped up a bit to add more veggies, and a bit of kernal corn. To this mixture I add some cooked spanish rice (i use the knorr brand, but not sure if that's only in the U.S.) Not the whole serving but just enough to add to it. I try to cram as many veggies in mine as I can. I used to stuff them and bake with some cheese on them, but now I cut the peppers up into chunks, cook them, and use them as "dippers" or cut them apart and just put the mixture on a plate and use together. My stepdaughter's favorite and I'm sliding in extra veggies the corn adds a nice sweetness.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5' 7"

That sounds delicious. I'm going to give that a go.
MusicalJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

I use this recipe (with some seasoning and spice additions - like paprika and italian seasoning). I also added a sprinkle of shredded cheese over the top, certainly optional though......

1 pound ground turkey
1 small onion, chopped
2 cups Brown Rice Mix - recipe calls for chipotle flavor
5 medium green peppers
3 cups any brand tomato sauce

Preheat oven for 425. Cut off tops of green peppers and clean seeds out. Boil in large pot for 5 minutes or until peppers are a dull green. Brown ground turkey with onion. Add rice and 2 cups of tomato sauce. Keep on simmer until rice is tender. Place peppers in a deep oven pan that is lined with aluminum foil. Fill peppers with meat/rice mixture. Pour remaining cup of tomato sauce over peppers. Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote