Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 09:10 PM   #1  
Anne

Default Jambalaya Recipe...

Does anyone have a recipe for a WW Jambalaya? My father in law loves this but the one I make does not seem to be the bet for you.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:51 PM   #2  

Default Jambalaya reply

I have not found an actual WW Jambalaya recipe. However, I made this last night actually for dinner. I used the following ingredients: Chicken (boiled and trimmed of fat), Healthy Choice brand smoked sausage, and one box of Zataran's Jambalaya rice. I do not use the two tablespoons of oil in the box recipe, which is optional.
Cook rice according to box and add meat. If you choose not to use chicken, just use the smoked sausage. You can configure the POINTS by the amount of jambalaya rice you use, plus the POINTS for a serving of the smoked sausage. You could also figure points out by a single serving of the rice and keep the sausage seperate instead of cooking it in with the rice. That way you can figure the points value of the amount of sausage you want .

Hope this helps!
Jules
Old 02-02-2006, 08:25 AM   #3  

I make a mean jambablaya using the Zatarain's too :lick:!
I add 1 tbs. olive oil to my dutch oven and saute fresh onion, celery, and bell pepper b/c I find the fresh veggies make it taste more authentic...and add no points ! Then, I add some sliced lite smoked sausage, diced chicken breast, and tabasco to taste (about a lb. total of meat).

Once the meats are browned, I add a can of petite diced tomatoes, a bay leave, and chicken broth to equal the water called for on the Zatarain's box. When that comes to a boil, I add the rice and seasonings from the box, cover, and cook for 20-25 minutes.

This is sooo delish...I ran it through recipe builder at e-tools when I made this last week. It was either 5 or 6 points for a generous serving. I'll look up the exact points and measurements in a bit and post. I served the meal with some lite garlic bread (Alexia) and tossed salad w/lite ranch. It was a great meal for @10 points total :thumbup:!
Closed Thread