Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 03:45 PM   #1  

Talking Sausage!!!!!!!

Hi I just joing weight watchers and I am new to these boards So bare with me A lady at my meeting told me about these sausages and I thought they would taste bad since they are so low in points . Well I had one today and they are so good. Since I am a sausageholic I must pass this on! I Really was mourning not being able to really have it.

Ok I found them at costco in the bulk meat area (in with regular sausage). The ones I tried (there were 2 flavors) was the honey roasted garlic chicken sausage. They are huge and are only 1.5 points each. Today for lunch I had one on light wheat bread with Broccoli and was pleasantly stuffed for ONLY 2 POINTS!!!! They taste like regular sausage! They have a website on their package which is www.cgfoods.com and they have recipes on there for pizza and stuff. I am so psyched! They are a little pricey though. At costco they were about 3.59 a lb and my package was 40 oz for $9.59 approximately 13 sausages. If you do the math they are about 3.07 oz a sausage. The serving size is 2 oz so I added an extra .5 for the one oz!

I hope my info helps another sausag-holic like me (yuck that sounds gross lol)

(still searching for light rolls if anyone finds them please let me know).

Stephanie
6'1" 218.8 start weigh in on Friday (wish me luck)
Old 06-23-2002, 07:17 PM   #2  

Default Did you get this at a grocery store?

Was it with the other sausages?
Old 06-26-2002, 08:31 AM   #3  

Wink

Hey ladies and gents

I am a big time sausage lover too. Im in nyc what is the brand name of those sausages? they sound great!
Old 06-26-2002, 09:03 AM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

for a hearty roll get www.naturalovens.com
but for hotdogs and such get "village hearth - light wheat buns" 1 point each I get the hotdog and hamburger every week

Thanks for the sausage info!
Old 06-28-2002, 08:44 AM   #5  

They are casual gourmet chicken sausage. I have yet to find them at the supermarket but I only checket one store. Accoprding to the website you will be able to buy them online in the future but there are good recipes on there. www.cgfoods.com.
Old 06-28-2002, 08:46 AM   #6  

oh yeah thanks for the link about the rolls
Old 01-29-2003, 03:47 PM   #7  

I have been buying the Italian Turkey Sausage for quite a while now, 1 big link for 2 points. We also have a "Whole Foods" Store which is totally organic and they have a Turkey Sausage which are just HUGE for 3 points each...
Closed Thread