Old 06-30-2005, 06:29 AM   #1  
i luv my dog!

Default Lemon-Caper Chicken

I got this recipe in the SBD newsletter. It didn't state which phase it was, but I'm assuming its P2 because of the flour.
-----------------------------------------

Feel free to double the recipe for a crowd (but use two skillets), or halve the recipe for an intimate dinner. Make sure to buy thinly sliced breasts — they are usually sold four to a package.

If you can't find them, slice a medium-sized breast crosswise, resulting in a 1/2- inch thick piece, about 4 oz in weight. Place each piece between two sheets of plastic wrap and lightly pound to flatten to an even thickness.
LEMON-CAPER CHICKEN

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Tbsp olive oil
4 thinly-sliced boneless, skinless
chicken breast halves (about 4oz each)
Salt and pepper
4 tsp whole-wheat flour, divided
1 medium shallot, minced
2 Tbsp drained capers
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1-2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
Instructions

Warm oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pat chicken breasts with paper towels to thoroughly dry. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then lightly coat with flour, using about 1 tsp for each breast.

Lay chicken in skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown, gently pressing down on breast to ensure equal browning. Reduce heat to medium. Turn breasts; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove breasts to a serving platter.

Reduce heat to low; add shallots and capers to skillet. Cook 30 seconds, stirring. Add broth and juice, cook 1 minute, until incorporated and thickened, stirring. Stir in parsley; pour sauce over chicken. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information:
258 calories
17 total fat (5 g sat)
72 mg cholesterol
5 g carbohydrate
21 g protein
1 g fiber
142 mg sodium
Attached Images
File Type: gif pic_recipe_chicken.gif (49.9 KB, 68 views)
a broad abroad is offline   Reply With Quote