Old 06-24-2004, 07:21 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Bilingual Chicken

I didn't have all the ingredients for coq au vin or for chicken cacciatore, so I merged the two and came up with quite a yummy dish.

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce (make sure there's no sugar added)
1 can sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup ripe olives, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
4 cloves of garlic, sliced
1/2 cup red wine
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
Olive oil
Sea salt
Pepper

I made this in an electric fry pan. So, heat to 400*, add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan and throw in the onions. Stir and cook til soft. Add the sliced garlic and continue cooking for a few minutes. Place frozen chicken breasts on top of onions. Pour tomato sauce and tomatoes over chicken. Top with olives, mushrooms, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and red wine. Cover, bring to a boil, then lower heat to 325*. Using a large spoon, baste chicken breasts with sauce and cover. Let cook for about an hour, til chicken is cooked through and sauce is reduced.

For the family, I served with cooked linguine, but I had mine all by itself.

Enjoy!

Mamacita
Mamacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 07:29 PM   #2  

Talking Sounds Good

Please help me with this recipe. I so not have an electric fry pan. Would I do it on the stove or in the oven? Could you please modify for me.

You sound like a real good cook.
Carol28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 08:38 PM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Hi Carol--

If you don't have an electric frying pan, just heat a good heavy skillet til it's nice and hot. (A drop of water "dances" on the surface). Add the olive oil (rule of thumb Heat skillet then add oil, and food won't stick) And immediately add the other ingredients in the same order as the original recipe. Once you add the chicken, turn down to medium high heat and finish cooking the same as original recipe.

Mamacita
Mamacita is offline   Reply With Quote