Old 05-20-2015, 01:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

Post Maple and Mustard Glazed Chicken

Maple and Mustard Glazed Chicken
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in halves - if they are the very large breasts
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika (only had curry powder, different taste, but good)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup mustard (I used spicy brown)
1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup

Place breasts in a baking dish. In a small bowl, combine onion powder, paprika, garlic and salt. Sprinkle spice mixture on both sides of the chicken. Place the mustard, sugar free maple syrup into the empty spice bowl and mix. Spoon the mustard mixture over each breast. Bake, uncovered on the lower rack of a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and baste with the juices from the pan. (Mine did not produce hardly any juice, so I did not do this step.) Return chicken to the oven and bake for an additional 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear.

Froze the leftovers still in the pan, then put them in a baggie and left in freezer. Had them the next week, just had to microwave them and didn't have to heat up the kitchen again.
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:16 AM   #2  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default Hmmm

That seems like an awfully long time for chicken breasts to cook. Was this adapted from a recipe for a whole chicken roaster or something?? Going to make it this weekend.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 12:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

This was adapted from a recipe for chicken thighs but I added a litter more time for the breast - as the ones I bought were HUGE and I substituted the sugar free syrup for the maple flavoring and the sweetener. http://247lowcarbdiner.blogspot.com/...d-chicken.html
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote