Old 03-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: maintaining

Default zucchini pizza

I couldn't find a version of this on here so will share the one I tried.

Here is the original recipe on slenderkitchen.

Ingredients
1 large zucchini, cut in fourths length wise
SB-friendly sauce
part skim or fat-free shredded mozzarella cheese
turkey pepperonis or other toppings of your choice
Salt and pepper
Oregano

Instructions
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut the zucchini into fourths lengthwise and then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano. Place on a piece of tin foil or small baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes.
3. Take the zucchini out of the oven and add sauce, cheese, and any toppings your choose.

4. Return the pizza to the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until the cheese begins to bubble on the top.

My comments:
The original recipe has this as 4 servings which seems ridiculous to me! I think next time I'll do the zucchini in round slices which will be easier to eat with my hands; this was a fork and knife pizza since the zucchini got pretty limp with the toppings.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 153/153/110

Height: 5'0"

Thumbs up Diet Saver

Thank you so much for posting this I am on day 4 of phase one and I had a very hard day sticking to the diet (I did but it was hard) this was a total Diet saver. I recommend cutting the Zucchini in rounds instead of length wise and then cook as above. let cool a bit before trying to eat them. I found it better to turn mine up side down and use the turkey peperoni as the base after they cooled a bit. They were so perfect thanks again!
ClaireSCA is offline   Reply With Quote