Old 02-01-2009, 04:30 PM   #1  
Happily Married

S/C/G: 194/177/145

Default Extra lean stew beef recipe needed

So today grocery shopping they had extra lean stew beef on sale, I've looked through many of the recipes but not seeing much to do with this meat. Anyone have any recipe ideas for this? thanks
Skinnybride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #2  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

for a stew, just sautee in 2 tablespoons of olive oil some red/green/orange/yellow pepper, celery, onion, fresh thyme and garlic (add garlic halfway through cooking the rest). Then add mean once everything is tender. Brown meat on med-high and once seared on both sides, remove. Add a can of diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Add seasonings like parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook for about 10-20 minutes on med-low until sauce is cooked down by a third. Re-add meat and cook for 30 more minutes. You can add other veggies like spinach or broccoli and cook for 5-10 mins more.

Hope that works for you!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:29 PM   #3  
Happily Married

S/C/G: 194/177/145

Sounds good not sure I want to do stew with it though, its just me and my husband so i dont like to make a big pot of something we have to eat on several days we get tired of it 4 servings is plenty so we can have leftovers once.
anyone else have any ideas. Wonder if this would be good done like beef tips or in a shellless fajitas
Skinnybride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #4  

I found a few recipes online that sounded good. . .

Quote:
Take 2 lbs of stew meat, 1 finely chopped yellow onion, 1 large can whole ortega type chilies and chop them (or since I coupon I use about 10 of the small cans of prechopped ortega chilies), 3-4 cloves of garilc, chopped, 2 cans of whole tomatoes (squished) with juice, about a tsp of oregano, a bit of salt and pepper. Toss everything in crockpot, cook on low for 8 hours or so. Then use a slotted spoon to remove meat and stuff and use a buritto filling, roll up your tortillas for burittos, top with cheese and sour cream, and some of the liquid from the pot for a wet buritto and eat with a fork.
without the tortillas of course.

You can also make kabobs to cook on the grill.
mythreesons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:19 PM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I make it, we eat 2 servings, leave one for each of us out for lunch then FREEZE it

I second the kabobs then!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote