Old 01-26-2010, 01:26 PM   #1  

Default Chicken and Mushroom Stuffed Green Peppers

These are delish, if I do say so myself.
The recipe serves 4.
What you'll need:
4 large bell peppers, any color
1/2 onion
1 cup of chopped peppers of any variety
1 tbsp garlic
4-6 chicken breast tenderloins
1 can mushrooms, or about 2 cups fresh
Parmesan or mozz cheese, shredded
Enough EVOO to saute the chicken? Maybe a 1 tbsp.

Preheat your oven to 350.
Peppers:
Prepare peppers by removing the tops and scooping the seeds out.
Bring a pot of water large enough to hold all 4 peppers to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-high and add the peppers, making sure each pepper is filled with water. Blanch for 10 mins, or until the color darkens. Remove them from the water and place upright in a baking dish.
Chicken stuffing:
Sauté chicken with EVOO, chopped peppers, onion, garlic, and fresh mushrooms if you're using them. If you're using canned, don't add them to the pan, just set them aside. Cut chicken into small pieces as it cooks.
When the chicken is done, take half of it out and set it aside in a small bowl. Blend everything else in a food processor (mushrooms, rest of the chicken, onions, and peppers). Add the "stuffing" and 1/2 to 1 cup of the shredded cheese to the chicken pieces in the bowl, and stir. Spoon the mixture into the peppers in the dish, and top each with a generous sprinkling of shredded cheese.
Bake, covered, for about 15 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 5-10 minutes to brown the tops.

I pulled this recipe out of my head, and made it up before that, so don't hate me if the proportions are funny. Feel free to add improvements!
Jennifer
JennyGetsSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:35 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Sounds Delicious. I'm going to give it a try tonight.
2FatGranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:05 PM   #3  

Sounds perfect for dinner tonight. Thanks
Wavesmom is offline   Reply With Quote