3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   Jergens Natural Glow (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/84088-jergens-natural-glow.html)

penpal 05-13-2006 10:34 PM

I used some for the first time today. It went on smoothly and it smells nicer than some self-tanners I've used. I can see a subtle difference but it probably takes a few applications to develop into a "tan".

Canadian_Mickey 05-13-2006 10:38 PM

What shade did you get?? I checked it out today at the store.... I"m humming and hawing about it....

penpal 05-14-2006 02:34 PM

I'm quite fair skinned, but I got the 'medium' shade as I'm impatient! I've now put it on three times and it does look like a natural tan. So far so good :D

It's definitely not as strong smelling as other brands I've used - I could never stand that stinky chemical smell so I gave up using them.

P.S. I was lucky to get a $1 off coupon at the store - I think there's quite a big promotion going on with this product, so you might want to look out for coupons.

Nori71 05-14-2006 04:24 PM

I used it all last summer and liked the results fine...for a self tanner. It wasn't "orange" although it wasn't completely natural either. I'm a recovering tanning bed addict, and it doesn't quite compare to that look that I'd grown used to. Anyways, after reading lots of reviews on makeupalley.com this year I started using Hawaiian Tropics self tanner (for medium skin tones) about 3 weeks ago. It took a little longer to develop (about 3 days), but it is a nice moisturizer and has even less of the fake tanner smell than Jergens. I notice that it sloughs off less on towels after a shower and is a nicer, more natural color on me. If I couldn't find the Hawaiin Tropics one, I'd repurchase the Jergens. Both of them are good.

Canadian_Mickey 05-14-2006 04:47 PM

Oh Thanks for the tip Nori, I saw that one in the store the other day.... wondered what it was like....did you try the Hawaiian Tropic®'s T² MaxT Lotion, T² Max™ Kona Spray and New! T² Max™ Extreme Tanning Body Butter. http://www.hawaiiantropic.com/products/indoor_13.html
or the Hawaiian Tropic® Island Glow™ Moisturizers http://www.hawaiiantropic.com/produc...rizers_36.html

srmb60 05-15-2006 07:58 PM

I bought the Equate kind from WalMart today. I almost always have sock ankles :) I'll let you know how it goes. It was about $1.00 cheaper.

happytx 05-18-2006 11:50 AM

I love my jergens! I used it all last summer, and had tons of compliments, I use the fair, then the medium as summer goes on, like its getting darker, because more sun kinda thing! If that makes sense!!

LindaT 05-18-2006 12:07 PM

I bought this after reading this thread and am on Day 5 of this. I am so fair I am almost translucent so the fair shade is perfect for me. It doesn't look orange and it has really evened out my skin tone. I am pleased with it so far.

rebelridergirl 05-18-2006 03:36 PM

I finally bought some this past weekend and I really do like it. I probably over-applied on my feet b/c they were darker than anywhere else on my body. Also, I did it right out of the shower and probably didn't dry off as good as I should, so I found some streakiness. All in all, it has give me a good color and is the most natural looking tanner I've found in a while. I will definetly keep using it!

MyChoice2bfit 05-18-2006 04:01 PM

I've been using it too. I'm very far and I have always streaked with a selftanner, but not with this product and I keep getting comments on how "dark" I am. I started with the fair and then when I used that bottle up I bought the medium.

I think it's a great product!

penpal 05-18-2006 04:10 PM

I've now been using this product for about a week and I have a nice looking tan. I'm really pleased how having a tan makes my arms and legs look thinner! :carrot: - no, I'm not orange like the carrot! :lol:

Canadian_Mickey 05-18-2006 08:49 PM

I went and checked it out at the store, and WOW The bottle is so small for the price you pay!!! Maybe it's just me....but 150 ml is not that much....how many "applications" can you get out of a bottle?? I mean if you use it everyday for 7 days, to start...that would use an entire bottle, wouldn't it? I don't know if it's worth it or not.....

mudbugs 05-18-2006 09:19 PM

and another little warning...(if you are sloppy like me)...

If you use the self tanner for several days and get looking all cool and beach-girly tan and gorgeous and then decide to lighten your hair to complete that total Jessica Simpson look, and you let the hair color drip down your wrists and forearms, you will get striped arms. Believe me, I know. :D :D :D :D Of course I still looked exactly like Jessica -- but with a kind of zebra effect on the arms.

Lady_Effinger 05-19-2006 06:09 PM

Jergens

I used the Jergens all last summer and loved it. It is a bit pricey for the amount you get, but I think it is worth it for the results with little effort. I used it every day until I got my tan and than used it every 2 or 3 days from then on. I told my hubby that I needed to get some soon, cuz my legs needed some color.He wanted to surprise me and went the next day and bought the Oil of Olay kind. I think it's working pretty good so far, but I love the smell of the Jergens better. Another thing about the Jergens (and even the Olay)is it keeps your skin soft all day long. That's a plus for me. I am lazy about reapplying lotion.

harrypotterybarn 05-21-2006 01:32 AM

I had been using the Jergens lotion and loving it, but I had a coupon for the L'oreal version (it's called *something* Glow) so I picked some up on Monday. I have to say, I'm liking the L'oreal version better. I have ultra-fair skin and the color looks more natural on me and it seems to go on more evenly. It has a slightly stronger day-after smell than the Jergens, but even that fades quicker than most self-tanners I've used.