3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   Jergens Natural Glow (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/84088-jergens-natural-glow.html)

rebelridergirl 05-11-2006 01:08 PM

Jergens Natural Glow

I have thought about trying this to just get a little color for the summer, but I'm afraid of any orangey look. Anyone tried this? Doesn it give any color? Thanks!

Cheercoach 05-11-2006 01:24 PM

I've never tried the Jergens variation, but Loreal has one that I liked. Also. you might want to check out the latest issue of allure magazine. they have a huge section on self tanners.

Hope that helps.....

MrsJim 05-11-2006 01:26 PM

This site has a ton of reviews:

http://www.sunless.com/

Meg 05-11-2006 01:30 PM

I've been using the Jergens on my legs for about two weeks and like it a lot. :) It's subtle at first and takes a few applications to really become visible. I use it every day after my shower in place of regular moisturizer.

On me it's not orange or fake-y looking - I got the one for fair skin since I'm naturally dead white. It's pretty easy to put on because it's creamy, so it spreads evenly and you don't end up blotchy. Be sure to wash your hands after you put it on!

jules1216 05-11-2006 02:38 PM

I am very fair--have a red-head's complexion that freckles and burns easily. I use it on my legs since my arms tend to be in the sun more and it works well. If you are fair stick with the light--my daughter thought since she wanted to be darker she would try the med instead and it just didn't look right.

Margarita 05-11-2006 02:50 PM

Thanks for the reviews on the Jergens. It sounds like exaclty the kind of product I'm looking for. One I tried recently is Neutrogena Build-A-Tan, and it is not subtle or gradual, plus it has the dreaded orange-y tone. I love Neutrogena in general, but I'll pass on their sunless tanners from now on.

rebelridergirl 05-11-2006 03:15 PM

Thank you for the information everyone on the tanners. I will check out those links, too. I am also red haired and freckled so this may just be the product I need! My legs need some color BAD!

Thanks again!

steph324 05-11-2006 03:55 PM

I found a self tanner that I LOVE. Expensive initially, but considering how long the bottle has lasted, I am saving money in the end. It's Au Courant's Tanning Mousse. You put it on with a paint brush. Color comes out great (very natural for my red headed white self!) The bottle costs about $35 but I have used it for the past few months and have not had to replace it. As opposed to the drug store brands which were $9 but only last about a week!

Mel 05-11-2006 06:22 PM

I use the Jergens and love it- BUT stay away from pools! The chlorine really dries out your skin and your "tan" crackles. Also remember that you may look tan, but you still need to use spf400 sunscreen when you are actually in the sun :)

Mel

Meg 05-11-2006 06:42 PM

Yikes about the skin cracking. :fr: Thanks for the heads up!

rebelridergirl 05-11-2006 07:05 PM

Yeah, thanks for the warning on a cracking tan!

The tanning mousse sounds really interesting, too!

Mel 05-11-2006 07:59 PM

Meg- your skin doesn't crack! The "tan" just starts to look alligatorish :p or maybe it's just cause I'm as old as dirt. You're younger :D

Mel

Meg 05-11-2006 08:26 PM

I'm younger by TWO WHOLE MONTHS, you goof! :rofl:

GonnaLooseitagain 05-11-2006 10:34 PM

I have been using it for about a week and LOVE it!!!! I use it on my arms/legs/face and it works wonderfully.. I get sooo many comments about how nice and tan I am that I must be tanning, I am NOT tanning, just using the lotion since I dont want to tan. I am sold!

Canadian_Mickey 05-12-2006 10:52 PM

Sweet!!! I was wondering if it was any good as well...I hate Springtime, and my pasty white legs come out to blind people...:cool: Good to know...must check it out! Thanksfor the heads up....

By the way, their website http://www.jergens.com has alot of great tips for using the stuff...it's worth a read!

penpal 05-13-2006 10:34 PM

I used some for the first time today. It went on smoothly and it smells nicer than some self-tanners I've used. I can see a subtle difference but it probably takes a few applications to develop into a "tan".

Canadian_Mickey 05-13-2006 10:38 PM

What shade did you get?? I checked it out today at the store.... I"m humming and hawing about it....

penpal 05-14-2006 02:34 PM

I'm quite fair skinned, but I got the 'medium' shade as I'm impatient! I've now put it on three times and it does look like a natural tan. So far so good :D

It's definitely not as strong smelling as other brands I've used - I could never stand that stinky chemical smell so I gave up using them.

P.S. I was lucky to get a $1 off coupon at the store - I think there's quite a big promotion going on with this product, so you might want to look out for coupons.

Nori71 05-14-2006 04:24 PM

I used it all last summer and liked the results fine...for a self tanner. It wasn't "orange" although it wasn't completely natural either. I'm a recovering tanning bed addict, and it doesn't quite compare to that look that I'd grown used to. Anyways, after reading lots of reviews on makeupalley.com this year I started using Hawaiian Tropics self tanner (for medium skin tones) about 3 weeks ago. It took a little longer to develop (about 3 days), but it is a nice moisturizer and has even less of the fake tanner smell than Jergens. I notice that it sloughs off less on towels after a shower and is a nicer, more natural color on me. If I couldn't find the Hawaiin Tropics one, I'd repurchase the Jergens. Both of them are good.

Canadian_Mickey 05-14-2006 04:47 PM

Oh Thanks for the tip Nori, I saw that one in the store the other day.... wondered what it was like....did you try the Hawaiian Tropic®'s T² MaxT Lotion, T² Max™ Kona Spray and New! T² Max™ Extreme Tanning Body Butter. http://www.hawaiiantropic.com/products/indoor_13.html
or the Hawaiian Tropic® Island Glow™ Moisturizers http://www.hawaiiantropic.com/produc...rizers_36.html

srmb60 05-15-2006 07:58 PM

I bought the Equate kind from WalMart today. I almost always have sock ankles :) I'll let you know how it goes. It was about $1.00 cheaper.

happytx 05-18-2006 11:50 AM

I love my jergens! I used it all last summer, and had tons of compliments, I use the fair, then the medium as summer goes on, like its getting darker, because more sun kinda thing! If that makes sense!!

LindaT 05-18-2006 12:07 PM

I bought this after reading this thread and am on Day 5 of this. I am so fair I am almost translucent so the fair shade is perfect for me. It doesn't look orange and it has really evened out my skin tone. I am pleased with it so far.

rebelridergirl 05-18-2006 03:36 PM

I finally bought some this past weekend and I really do like it. I probably over-applied on my feet b/c they were darker than anywhere else on my body. Also, I did it right out of the shower and probably didn't dry off as good as I should, so I found some streakiness. All in all, it has give me a good color and is the most natural looking tanner I've found in a while. I will definetly keep using it!

MyChoice2bfit 05-18-2006 04:01 PM

I've been using it too. I'm very far and I have always streaked with a selftanner, but not with this product and I keep getting comments on how "dark" I am. I started with the fair and then when I used that bottle up I bought the medium.

I think it's a great product!

penpal 05-18-2006 04:10 PM

I've now been using this product for about a week and I have a nice looking tan. I'm really pleased how having a tan makes my arms and legs look thinner! :carrot: - no, I'm not orange like the carrot! :lol:

Canadian_Mickey 05-18-2006 08:49 PM

I went and checked it out at the store, and WOW The bottle is so small for the price you pay!!! Maybe it's just me....but 150 ml is not that much....how many "applications" can you get out of a bottle?? I mean if you use it everyday for 7 days, to start...that would use an entire bottle, wouldn't it? I don't know if it's worth it or not.....

mudbugs 05-18-2006 09:19 PM

and another little warning...(if you are sloppy like me)...

If you use the self tanner for several days and get looking all cool and beach-girly tan and gorgeous and then decide to lighten your hair to complete that total Jessica Simpson look, and you let the hair color drip down your wrists and forearms, you will get striped arms. Believe me, I know. :D :D :D :D Of course I still looked exactly like Jessica -- but with a kind of zebra effect on the arms.

Lady_Effinger 05-19-2006 06:09 PM

Jergens

I used the Jergens all last summer and loved it. It is a bit pricey for the amount you get, but I think it is worth it for the results with little effort. I used it every day until I got my tan and than used it every 2 or 3 days from then on. I told my hubby that I needed to get some soon, cuz my legs needed some color.He wanted to surprise me and went the next day and bought the Oil of Olay kind. I think it's working pretty good so far, but I love the smell of the Jergens better. Another thing about the Jergens (and even the Olay)is it keeps your skin soft all day long. That's a plus for me. I am lazy about reapplying lotion.

harrypotterybarn 05-21-2006 01:32 AM

I had been using the Jergens lotion and loving it, but I had a coupon for the L'oreal version (it's called *something* Glow) so I picked some up on Monday. I have to say, I'm liking the L'oreal version better. I have ultra-fair skin and the color looks more natural on me and it seems to go on more evenly. It has a slightly stronger day-after smell than the Jergens, but even that fades quicker than most self-tanners I've used.

srmb60 05-21-2006 10:22 AM

I've used the Walmart Equate brand for about six days now (on my lower legs) and I'm very happy. I have no sock marks!

sflasue 05-21-2006 04:49 PM

I have a wedding to go to on Saturday. I was on the ballfield all day yesterday with a tank top on and got tan lines. :mad:
My dress is strapless ....Does anyone know any good bronzer,self tanner that I could use to get rid of those tan lines?
I have lost 13 lbs. and most of my family has not seen me.. so I want to look hot!!

srmb60 05-21-2006 04:54 PM

I would imagine that any of the ones mentioned in this thread would work just fine. You might have to watch how you apply them tho'. I assume they'll make the parts of you that are tanned already darker.

Nori71 06-01-2006 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_Mickey
Oh Thanks for the tip Nori, I saw that one in the store the other day.... wondered what it was like....did you try the Hawaiian Tropic®'s T² MaxT Lotion, T² Max™ Kona Spray and New! T² Max™ Extreme Tanning Body Butter. http://www.hawaiiantropic.com/products/indoor_13.html
or the Hawaiian Tropic® Island Glow™ Moisturizers http://www.hawaiiantropic.com/produc...rizers_36.html

Sorry I'm not getting back to you sooner. I use the Hawaiian Tropic Island Glow Moisturizer - for medium skin tones. I LOVE it!

crownshape 06-02-2006 11:06 AM

Funny story about natural glow- when it first came out ALL the women in my company went gaga for it and when the Duane Reade (local drug store) sold out we actually talked one ofthe women who goes to NH on weekends to buy it up there and bring it back to us! CRAZY! :dizzy: But it was worth it! the only thing i noticed is if i didn't mix some of my nivea or lubriderm in with it the color on my legs would peel.

BooksNLipGloss 06-02-2006 11:31 AM

Well, I hate to admit it but I have been an avid tanning bed fanatic for a couple years now. I can see there's already some skin damage going on. After watching all of the news reports about how people become addicted to tanning and still continue to go even after being diagnosed with melanoma really surprised me. I know I'm kind of addicted to it but I am trying to stop going. I haven't gone in about 2 weeks and already my tan is almost completely gone. Reading all of this postive feeback from everyone who has tried Jergens sel-tanner I'm definitely going to pick up some. I was always a little apprehensive about self-tanners I never really understood how they work. But reading all of your comments I'm actually excited. For those of you that know how much a tanning membership cost this will be a whole lot cheaper. I do have a few questions though.

When should I apply ?
How much should I use?
Does it come off on your clothes if you sweat during excercise?

Amanda

webweevil 06-04-2006 09:02 PM

Question

How does this work with scars or discolorations? The type of work I do often leaves me with scratches on my legs and arms.

Misti in Seattle 06-04-2006 09:12 PM

Does anyone know of one of them which does not have a lot of perfume in it? I saw one by Dove but it smelled so strongy and I am allergic to perfume... I'd like to find one that is not so heavily scented.

ValRock 06-04-2006 09:17 PM

I use the one by Hawaiian Tropic and I LOVE IT. I used to have pretty pronounced lines from my bathing suits etc and I put it on everyday after my shower and I'm line free now! The color is just perfect! Doesn't turn my palms orange, goes on evenly, builds up gradually... I'm addicted! I put it over my whole body and I turn the same color everywhere whether the skin was originally pale or tan.

Misti in Seattle 06-06-2006 12:55 AM

Hmmmm I can't imagine Hawaiian Tropic having a bunch of strong perfume in it either... perhaps I will give this one a try!