Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 09:03 PM   #16  
it's always something

You might be interested in an article we wrote when the original Leptoprin came out

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diets/lept...ts-exposed.php

We do need to update it to go with the new formula, and also to include some of the "knock-offs", but there's no reason to believe that the results will be any different.

We were astounded at the response from this article. We received countless thousands of email from readers, many of which had ordered the product, but cancelled it or returned it. We did not hear from one person that had a positive response. Even the makers of Leptoprin were worried about the response we received from the article, and they created a canned message calling us names and telling people not to believe us. It was an interesting experience
Old 09-07-2005, 09:14 PM   #17  
low-carb forever!

S/C/G: 206/137/137

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Thanks! I'll look it up and read it.

I'd NEVER spend $153 on a diet pill. When that commertial comes on TV and she asked "When is a diet pill worth $153 a bottle" I always shout at the TV "Never!" lol I won't even pay for the $75 knock off. But $32 was too good to resist.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:29 PM   #18  
low-carb forever!

What are your experience with Leptopril?

So far it's made me a bit jittery and I have a headache, but it could just be a stress headache since I get those.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:28 PM   #19  
prepare for the BEST time

They also sell it at Wal-Mart & possibly Sam's....I think the price is about $25-27.00. Other than seeing it on the shelf, I have no information.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:37 PM   #20  

Once again, there is no magic pill ... use your arms to push yourself away from the table, use your feet to take a walk. Eating less and exercising more is the ONLY way to effective permanent weight loss.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:16 PM   #21  
low-carb forever!

Why is it that people automatically assume I'm looking for a magic pill? I said exactly the opposite.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:45 PM   #22  
Empress/Queen

Wow, from looking at your stats, I'd say you were doing great and can, indeed, lose weight very well on your own.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:18 AM   #23  
low-carb forever!

Unhappy

I'm just looking for a little help. I gained in August due to two long absences from home and the second absense I was just lucky to eat...eating low carb was pretty out of the question. I'm being really strict in September but want a little boost with my weight loss. I have to do better than I have been.

So far so good for September.

Keeping my weight below 150 has been a problem. I don't know if I'll ever make 140 at this rate...
Old 09-09-2005, 12:40 AM   #24  
Empress/Queen

I know what you mean; it's been a loooonngg slow process for me since the 160s. I think it's just the nature of the thing.

Seriously, do you eat nuts and nut butters. I swear by natural peanut and almond butter for suppressing appetite and (IMO, no scientific facts involved so no one has to cite studies at me or anything ) it increases my metabolism for short periods and helps me break through plateaus. It's also very satisfying and takes the place of desserts, plus it's healthy and cheaper than pills.

Good luck.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:59 AM   #25  
low-carb forever!

I can't keep nuts in the house. Once I start I can't stop. I keep my overall fat fairly high - between 90 and 110g a day right now. I'm low carbing, so my fat has to be higher to give my body plenty of fuel to burn.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:07 AM   #26  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Wow--I dabble in low-carb, but my fats are still normally under 30 grams per day. I thought the idea was to be high-protein? I tend to eat ham, turkey sausage, white skinless chicken, fish, things like that, and I don't have any trouble losing weight while doing so.

I see that you are extremely close to your goal. No matter what diet or shakes or pills or exercise you do, it is a fact that the closer you are to goal, the more difficult it is to lose the weight. The closer your body is to a "normal" weight, the less it feels the need to keep burning, I suppose.

I have taken OTC pills in the past (and like you, not as a "magic" pill, but only in addition to diet and exercise), but I would certainly steer clear of ANYTHING that makes you feel jittery, as it is clearly affecting your body in an unpleasant way (probably messing with your heart). I have found Dexatrim can help to curb my appetite without making me feel jittery or like my heart was going to pound right through my chest The only affect I got from it was, in fact, a reduced desire to eat (less hunger). I'm certainly not endorsing Dexatrim--just saying that I don't think it's at all safe to continue taking something that makes you feel uncomfortable.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:17 PM   #27  
low-carb forever!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720
Wow--I dabble in low-carb, but my fats are still normally under 30 grams per day. I thought the idea was to be high-protein? I tend to eat ham, turkey sausage, white skinless chicken, fish, things like that, and I don't have any trouble losing weight while doing so.
30g is way too low on low carb. If your body doesn't have carbs to burn, it needs something else, and fat is the best. (If you are burning protein for energy, your body is hurting!) I keep my protein over 100g a day, and the government RDA is only 50g. I keep the carbs anywhere from 35-80g a day, though I'm on the low end of that right now, trying to kick my weight loss into gear. But without the carbs to burn, my body needs extra fat for fuel.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:02 PM   #28  
Empress/Queen

Victoria, I don't do low carb purposely (think carbs are good if they are the good kind) but since I dropped sugar and white flour, I seem to have a problem getting enough carbs so sometimes it seems that way. I think it's interesting that you mention eating more fats for energy as your strategy. It's sort of mine, also. I think I need way more fat than is often recommended and I am just beginning to realize that fat isn't this bad thing I always thought it was ... it does give me the energy to get through the day and it satisfies my hunger, stabilizes my blood sugar and I continue to lose a little weight every now and then, as long as I keep my fat intake high enough and get enough protein. I'm not even really picky about the kind of fat (except trans fat) ...
Old 09-10-2005, 12:35 AM   #29  
low-carb forever!

Fat does not make us fat, yes. And the only bad kind on Atkins is trans-fat. Saturated fat is okay.

My insides are tied up tonight, but it's not the diet pills - it's the high level of sugar alcohols in the sugar free pecan delights at the movie theater. It always happens like that. I'll be fine in the morning.

145.6 this morning. My weight will be up tomorrow, though. Yesterday I could feel myself dropping water weight, and today I feel myself gaining that back.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:45 PM   #30  

I lost over 120 pounds with Atkins and never was my fat that high. Low carb does not HAVE to be all high fat.....I always ate lean proteins and veggies and lost an adverage of 10 + pounds a month....
Closed Thread