Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 02:39 AM   #1  

Unhappy stardiet pm

Hello, I am new to your site and finally got to this for my question. I ordered a 2 month supply of a product called "Stardiet PM" it has now been 1 month since 07/15 and no product. Cannot gain access to toll free 866#'s from here in St. Augustine, Fl. Nor could my sister from Cape Cod Ma. When I used the email address offered under "contact us" I received from "postmaster" the notice that my mail was being treated as Spam. On the website there is an apology to AOL users regarding email problems. My problem is I am no longer an AOL user. I have just sent a letter off to their Newark, Delaware address, however at this point I am feeling it's time to go to the bank to file dispute papers. Has anyone any info. on these people?
Dooley027
Old 08-17-2004, 09:26 AM   #2  
it's always something

You might want to sign up for a free Hotmail account and email them with that. Hotmail has a "bulk folder" where they put spam, instead of returning to sender. So be sure to check your bulk folder for any replies from them.

I dialed their number and also received an error message. I'm in Tennessee.

I think you should dispute the charges and get a refund. You have not received the product, and probably won't.

To be honest, I believe this would have been a waste of money anyway.

The ingredients they list on their site are:

Calcium Carbonate
Dicalcium Phosphate
Cellulose
Papaya
Grapefruit
Cranberry
Kiwi
Banana
Blueberry
Grape
Vegetal Stearic Acid
Vegetal Magnesium Stearate
Hydrolised protein

There is nothing there that will help you lose weight. They will include a low calorie diet plan with the product. The plan is what causes any weight loss.

They have crazy crazy crazy testimonials on the front page! They indicate you can lose 10 pounds per week, saying some people lost 60 lbs in 6 weeks, 43 lbs in 4 weeks, etc. This is impossible, unless you have liposuction! Also, They claim the product burns off fat and tones your muscles while you sleep. These are hard warning signs that this is a worthless product. Nothing can do that.

Quote:
STARDIET PM is so new, so revolutionary that the entire weight-loss industry is amazed. For the first time you don't have to follow a strict diet to lose weight. You slim down during the night while your body becomes more trim and firm.
AMAZED they haven't been shut down yet for false advertising! Give it time, the FTC will take care of them. In the meantime, please dispute the charges with your bank while you still have time.

Good luck
Old 08-17-2004, 09:29 AM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

Here's what you need to do!

I'm assuming you paid with a credit card...call the bank that issued the card and ask for a CHARGEBACK on this transaction.

That way you'll likely get your money back...and with enough complaints, these scammers will lose their Merchant status with Visa and MasterCard - effectively putting them out of business.
Closed Thread