Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 04:38 PM   #1  

Default Anyone Tried Estrin D

Just saw an ad for Estrin D and was wondering if anyone has tried it? It is kind of pricey but they have done all those double blind studies too. Just curious if anyone had tried it.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:58 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Just the fact that it's marketed by the same company that brought us Leptoprin and Anorex (among others) would be enough for me to keep my Visa card in my wallet...in fact I wouldn't be surprised if it was almost the exact same formula. Except this time they're marketing it to menopausal and perimenopausal women...very clever of them.

And typical of this company is that they don't list the ingredients on the website. I did some searching and found an ingredients list though.

Serving Size: 2 capsules

Servings Per Container: 60

Vitamin B6 25mg 1250%
Magnesium (as oxide) 100mg 25%

Estrin-D™, 1323mg
a proprietary blend containing:

Yerbe Mate (leaf)
Caffeine
Guarana (seed)
Damiana (leaf,stem)
Green Tea (leaf)
Ginger (root)
Kola nut SE
DHEA
Schisandra (fruit)
Scutellaria (root)
Tibetan ginseng (root)
Cocoa nut
Jujube (fruit)
Thea sinensis complex (leaf)

As far as the 'double blind study' is concerned - you might want to check out this week's thread on Relacore/Cortislim about those studies that are done by the marketers themselves, and not peer-reviewed or published in PubMed (Medline). They can spin the study to make it sound like this The Magic Pill. But trust me - judging from the ingredients list, it's the same old stuff.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:40 AM   #3  

Hey, Mrs. Jim - I guess Barnum was right - there's a sucker born every minute - at least when it comes to junk like this. It's really too bad people can't wise up and see the only way to lose weight effectively is eat less and exercise more.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:53 AM   #4  

Thanks Mrs. Jim. I figured it was similar to the other non-working pills out there.
Closed Thread