3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   Total Gym (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/29963-total-gym.html)

Eliza71 07-30-2003 02:20 PM

Total Gym

Does anyone here own a Total Gym? If so, are you happy with it’s performance?

I’m getting a bonus at work next week and I’m thinking about purchasing the Total Gym Platinum.

ChevyAngel 07-30-2003 03:59 PM

Total Gym

I have owned the Total Gym for 2 years now. I absolutely love it! There are many excersises you can do that take the place of having different equipment. You also have the option of adding a weight bar and it includes pilates. It's a great work out, but I will tell you if you haven't worked out before, you will feel it. I had to gradually work my way up to adding more time to my work outs. The videos are very helpful too. It seems expensive, but if it takes the place of other machines, it is well worth it!

Eliza71 07-30-2003 04:12 PM

Thanks Chevy Angel! :)

I was going to sign up for Curves but my husband also wanted a way to work out too. I saw the platinum addition on QVC the other day and thought it would be something we both could use. I also love the fact that you can do pilates on it.

L144S 07-30-2003 06:37 PM

I had one, i bought it at sears. I gave it away just a few months ago after DH bought "real" weights.
It was ok. mine was an older one and I would have liked it to have been more stable, but it certainly did the job and I felt I got my monies worth out of it. Not a huge endorcment i know.

I have to say I like curves. i think it is fun and I like that there are other people there...
-L

MrsJim 07-30-2003 06:47 PM

Three words...

Try eBay First

Especially when looking at stuff like the Total Gym.

Just IMO (not implying anything about the quality - more like finding the best deal, KWIM?) ;)

Domina 07-31-2003 07:35 AM

I've had my Total Gym for almost 3 years. I love it. It has really toned up my body. Of course, I've also lost weight through Weight Watchers, but the Total Gym was a great companion during my weight loss journey.

What I really like about it is that it only takes about 10 minutes a day. Being a busy person, that is great for me.

Some day I would like to get the more expensive model. I have the basic model now.

:cool:

SEMO 07-31-2003 05:20 PM

For those of you that own a TG, is it easy to store? I've been looking at this thing forever and living in a small house there isn't room to leave it out.

Thanks.

L144S 07-31-2003 05:34 PM

I did not find it easy to store, I had space to leave it out.
-L

ChevyAngel 07-31-2003 05:42 PM

Total Gym

The Total Gym does collapse for storage under a bed or something like that, but I find it a pain especially if you use it everyday.

Amby876 07-31-2003 07:05 PM

I live in a small apartment, my mom and I have had a TG for over 2 years....I can't use it because of my back problems...WE have used it only a max of 5 times between the 2 of us...I would like to get rid of it...BUT my mom insists on keeping ...she uses the words "I AM going to use it..." it's a real eye sore...she leaves it out...

We went and joined Curves about 10 weeks ago...I LOVE IT!...I would recommend Curves to ANYONE...to compare Curves with the TG is not comparable...I have lost over 15 inches and 3 lbs since I started...I love the support and motivation I get there...it's something that I can't get with using the TG at home...

Hope this helps you make your decision!

ChevyAngel 07-31-2003 07:25 PM

That is so great that you are doing well wth Curves! More power to you! The Total Gym does work and tones as well as anything else, but you have to use it. I guess it is whatever is comfortable for you. I prefer to work out in the privacy of my own home and on my own time. Don't lose sight of your goals and good luck with whatever you choose! (Geez, I sound like a spokesperson for the Total Gym) lol!

Suzanne 3FC 07-31-2003 08:04 PM

I have a Total Gym, and I love it :) I have the Total Gym 2000 model. I do have to leave it out, but I keep it in the folded position in a corner. I can't imagine storing it under a bed. However, mine might be a little bit bulkier than the Platinum version. Jennifer has one, and I think hers might be the Platinum version. She got it from QVC. You can find more models or examples at www.totalgymdirect.com

SEMO 08-01-2003 11:38 AM

So when you fold it up, does it stand or remain on the floor?

Thanks

Amby876 08-01-2003 06:14 PM

mine remains standing when I fold it up...but i don't recommend doing that daily...not on a daily basis....

Suzanne 3FC 08-02-2003 02:39 AM

Mine stays standing, too. I often leave it open, though, so it encourages me to use it more :)