Scales...what do you use?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • We have a very cheap one that always needs to be re-calibrated every single time you step on it, so I was wondering what a (cheap/decently priced) one would be, if anyone has any suggestions. Should I go digital, or do they have the same problem? I'm tired of using scales elsewhere and finding it says I'm 20lbs heavier or 10lbs lighter. It makes me feel I have no accurate idea of what I actually weigh. Thanks.
  • I usually good/cheap scale is around 20-30 bucks. At least that's what I paid for mine, I know it's not perfect, it might be a pound off or so but it's sturdy and doesn't have to be re calibrated everyday.
  • Yeah i think ours was like ten just because we needed one after moving. It works to know we are fat, but how fat is a mystery haha.
    My mom weighs 117-120 without fail, at home, doctors, etc. here she is at least 130 so it's a bit off haha
    I'd like to think because of this by default I'm lighter...but that's just wishful hah and could get me in trouble with my diet fast
  • I bought a $10.00 scale at WalMart a few months ago but the numbers and the little lines were so small, I couldn't tell what my weight was when I looked down. I was fed up with that type of scale, so I went to WalMart and bought a digital Health-O-Meter ($20.00) and I LOVE LOVE IT! I feel that it is VERY accurate. The first time I used it, I got off and on the scale 3 times and each time it read the exact same weight. I am very pleased with it. I prefer the digital scale. It was definitely worth it.
  • Quote: I was fed up with that type of scale, so I went to WalMart and bought a digital Health-O-Meter ($20.00) and I LOVE LOVE IT! I feel that it is VERY accurate.
    I just posted this same questions elsewhere, this is good to know, need to go buy a new one on Friday. Mine is all kinds of messed up.
  • Quote: I just posted this same questions elsewhere, this is good to know, need to go buy a new one on Friday. Mine is all kinds of messed up.
    I am sooooooooooooo loving this new scale. It also weighs in ounces. My weight last week was 196.0. I weighed myself 2 days ago (because I have been doing terrible with my eating - too much snacking). Well, the scale let me know that. My weight was 196.4 ounces. So the snacking packed on .4 oz. A few more snacks and the weight would have been 1 more lb.

You will NOT be disappointed at all. I am a tough consumer when it comes to finding a good product that I'm happy with. I am very picky and hardly nothing can satisfy me or make me happy but this scale did it.

Good luck and keep us posted.
  • I need to take a trip over to Wallyworld soon then, if it works that good and is that cheap I'm all over it.
  • I use a Biggest Loser glass scale that i purchased from Bed Bath and Beyond. I like it. It is very accurate and dont forget to use your 20% off coupon!
  • cvs has a digital one for 10 bucks. I have this one. Not sure the accuracy, if I get on it, then off then again, the weight will stay the same (I guess it has a short term memory). If I get on it, put a totally different weight on, such as touching my foot lightly on it, then I get on it again, the weight will be different. Sometimes within a pound difference. It could also be that my 4 year old got ahold of it and dropped it, not far but who knows, maybe that damaged it.
  • If you haven't bought the scale yet, and you're going digital, don't forget to make sure the batteries are cheap and available. I once bought a digital scale and had to buy another one when it died because the batteries were really expensive.
  • I have this one and really, really like it. I've had it for months now and I think it seems to be very accurate.
  • Mine is a glass weight watchers one. I bought it at Wal-Mart two-three years ago for about $35 I think.
  • Healtometer digital scale
    I bought this scale at WalMart,and honestly thinking of returning it. It was 45.00,and the reason I bought it was it also measures,BMI,water,bone,goals and target. weight. I am disappointed,as I can weigh one weight,5 minutes later,over a pound difference. Also,the WW digital scale at the meeting weighed me almost 2 pounds heavier. Not good. Too expensive not to be accurate.
  • I have a scale by Soehnle. It's the most consistent scale I've ever owned. You can get on and off it 10 times in a row and it will say the same thing. I've had it a few years. They make a variety of scales and they are available on Amazon.
  • How often do you weigh? I usually weigh once a day,but my daughter says I should only way once a week. It helps me stay on track. I had a crummy day and overate,and it showed I gained over 2 pounds. Arrgh.... Right back to it the next day. I know I am in trouble,when I avoid the scale. DENIAL. Feedback?