Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-15-2012, 05:56 PM   #16  

Okay, I HAVE to get in on this.

first of all, you can NOT compare slim fast and **********. That's like comparing apples and avocados. Too different to compare. Where slimfast works great for some people, ********** works great for others.

Slim fast does NOT work for me. Within an hour I feel like I'm starving. ********** doesn't do that to me, I actually feel full for at least 3 hours. I tried eating something along with slim fast, and I STILL felt hungry after about 45 minutes to an hour. It doesn't work for me.

I started ********** in january, I was right at 250 lbs. I went to the gym 2-3X a week depending on my schedule and at the end of the month I had lost 15 lbs. I was using the ********** once every 2-3 days and on the days that I took it I felt a physical energy boost, as well as being alert all day long. So as any sensible person would, I used it on the days I went to the gym.
In february, I got sick. Really sick. It took me until the third week of march to get well enough to exercise again. I still took my ********** every few days while I was sick simply because I didn't want to fall out of my routine of it. I didn't lose any weight during this time, but I didn't gain any either. I fluctuated between 234 & 237 over the two months.
I finally got back to the gym at the beginning of april! I haven't lost any more weight just yet, but I've only been able to go a whopping 6 times & it's mid month. SO the weight doesn't come of BECAUSE of the shake. But it can give you energy boost and I'd rather drink it than eat a poptart because I'm starving first thing in the morning.

I use the ********** with going to the gym, and good ol Jillian Michaels. I haven't done any of the other beach body stuff, I just can't do it when I'm already spending $120 every other month or so on a shake from them.
I hate the greenberry. I think it tastes just gagtastic. The new tropical kind they have tastes like chalk. The chocolate.....yum! The directions for it is one scoop or packet (I suggest trying the single serving packets if you are interested in it, that way you don't hate the flavor of a full month's supply) to one cup of almond milk. I couldn't drink it that way. It was WAY too thick. So I added another cup of almond milk and it was MUCH better. yummy yummy! But because 220 calories isn't really enough calories to be considered a "meal replacement" I like to add in a banana, a boiled egg, or apple. You get the point. I make it somewhere between 300 and 400 calories. And as I said earlier it keeps me full for 3-4 hours.

And rounding back to the whole slimfast vs. ********** thing...just pick which one works for you. If slimfast works for you, great! But don't put down **********. If you like **********, don't put down the slimfast, and PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THE WORLD don't cram the whole "It has 50 million ingredients in it that make it awesome for you!" down everyone's throats. I love the stuff and even I think that's trying too hard...okay, I think I'm done now.

Wait, I'm not done...I'm NOT a beachbody coach. Okay, NOW I'm done.
Brooke the awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 330/299/175

Height: 5'5"

I can't see where Slimfast is a good alternative to ********** either. Sure Slimfast is MUCH cheaper, but it's the ingredients in ********** that I myself am after. MANY of the ingredients are great for diabetes. There's a video on youtube called My Health Matters. After you watch it I'm not sure how you can compare the two.
donkeykick is offline   Reply With Quote