Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/134/120

Height: 5'2"

Default Apidextra - don't bother

My friend and I decided to order the weight loss pill called Apidextra. We had read positive reviews on multiple websites about how all of the ingredients work in different ways to help you lose weight - appetite suppressants, metabolism boosts, caffeine for energy, stuff like that - and that it actually WORKED. Well, we both bought a big supply and realized about after a month nothing was happening. We were both exercising 3-4 times a week and I was eating well (I didn't eat with my friend much, so I'm not sure about her) as was recommended in addition to using these pills. Well, I lost about 2 lbs but I think that had to do more with what I was eating and my exercise than with Apidextra. My friend didn't lose anything at all.

Of course I threw out the first empty bottle before I remembered I could have returned it for my money back, so that was over $100 out the window.

Conclusion: Feel free to try it (since you do get your money back if you aren't satisfied) but I don't recommend it. It did absolutely nothing for me.
Zoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

FYI, Many "money back" offers on diet pills are notoriously difficult to get your money back, so be skeptical of money back offers unless you know someone personally who DID get their money back (not just said they did on an anonymous website - some companies will actually pay folks to make false reviews. No one would expect a disatisfied review as being fake, but it happens with money back guarantees because the company wants you to think it's money back guarantee is genuine).

A lot of folks have posted horror stories about companies not only not givng them their money back, but making future fraudulant charges and continuing to send the person product they didn't order.

I've tried dozens of prescription and otc weight loss products, pills and powders, and even injections, over the past 4 decades, and in my experience most don't work. Those that do, stop working after a short time and/or have unpleasant side effects. The better they work, the more unpleasant and sometimes even dangerous, the side effects.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Advertisement that promise you will lose x pounds in x days are usually a scam. The only place you lose weight is in your pocketbook.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote