Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 06-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/136/115

Height: 5ft. 3in.

Default Sensaslim and Orgain Meal Replacement Shakes

Hi,

Has anyone tried Sensaslim or Orgain meal replacement shakes? I just started on both of them but wondered if anyone else has any experience or advice. The Sensaslim is an Australian product you spray on your tongue (tastes quite awful and smells worst but dissipates quickly). It's supposed to be an appetite suppressant and changes the taste of food so you don't want it as much. I've only been using it for two days but so far it does seem to work. It can completely take the sharp out of cheddar cheese :-) One of my personal weaknesses.

The Orgain is a meal replacement shake that is high in protein. I'm currently trying to replace two meals with these.

So far the combo seems to be working well but it's really too early to tell. I only ate 1200 calories today (including the two shakes) and felt no hunger whatsoever. Let me know if you've tried either. I would be interested to hear your experience. Thanks!
mfreetofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:18 AM   #2  
it's always something

I bought Orgain when I had some dental work and had to drink liquids for a few days. I liked the flavor (vanilla), and it did help me meet my nutritional needs. I like that it's organic and doesn't rely on artificial sweeteners. However, I also think it's too high in sugar for it to be used regularly as a meal replacement.

I've never heard of Sensaslim. I personally would not buy something like that because it doesn't seem practical. For example, why would I pay for pizza or cheese or whatever, only to spray my tongue with something that would make me not want to eat it? I'd waste a lot of money, lol. And if I really wanted to eat the food, I'd just not spray my tongue and I'd go for it

But everyone has to find what works for them, and we're all unique. If this continues to work for you then I hope you do well

Good luck!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #3  

I see your point on the Sensaslim. I guess there are times when I would really care about tasting my food and other times when I'm just eating because it's there or because I'm bored. I often eat because I just crave something salty or sweet. So if I can stop the cravings by spraying something on my tongue to make it so I don't get that sweet or salty reward it helps. I imagine occasionally I will want to cheat (like when I'm going out to a nice dinner with my man.) But I'm mostly looking for every day help just getting through the day without eating non-stop. If I cheat sometimes and it's a conscious choice then I guess I'm OK with that. However, having said that, I'm only on my third day so far so who knows how I'll feel in two weeks :-)
Old 06-26-2011, 06:50 PM   #4  

Thought I would keep posting as I go in case it helps anyone else with whether to try this or not. I ended up stopping the Orgain for now as it started giving me stomach aches after drinking it. I think maybe I'm sensitive to drinking too much dairy? Or, maybe it was the chocolate? Not sure. I may try again down the road with some Lactaid. Anyway, I gave it up after the second day.

I'm still using the Sensaslim and I have to say that so far it seems to really be working well for me. I have missed spraying twice this week but when I use it I eat significantly less than normal. I can't say I feel fuller quicker necessarily, I just seem to lose interest in what I'm eating faster. It doesn't seem to take away the taste of many foods. Some it effects more than others. I couldn't tell the difference most of the time with regard to taste but maybe I'm just getting used to it?

Anyway, five days in and I've lost 3.5 lbs so far. I started at 140 and now way 136.2 as of this morning and I just started my period so I'm sure I have some water I'm holding onto right now. Also, the taste and smell of the spray itself that I first found disturbing, is now not so bad. I guess you get used to it. My boyfriend is using the product as well but so far it doesn't seem to have had an impact on him as it has me. He is still eating the same as far as I can tell. He's leaving for Mexico tomorrow so he won't have any to take with him anyway so I guess he's not the best test case.

So, I'll keep updating as I go. I plan to keep using it regardless of results through the three bottles I bought originally. No idea how long one bottle lasts but this way I'll have a way to know when I look back at these posts.

Wish me luck!

Last edited by mfreetofly; 06-26-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:26 PM   #5  

I'm now 8 days on Sensaslim and I've now been combining it with Wii Country Dance/Just Dance 2 for about 30 minutes the last three days. I'm happy to say I'm now officially 6 lbs lighter than when I started. Wahoo! I never thought it could work this well. I'll keep updating in case I plateau at some point before reaching my goal.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:50 PM   #6  

Also did my weekly measurements and although I'm happy about the 4.5 inches I've lost in total this week, I'm not very pleased about the reduction in breast size of 1 inch. Wish there was a way to keep those intact :-)
Old 07-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #7  
it's always something

Congrats! Exercising and eating less is definitely working for you

I just read that SensaSlim is being charged with fraud. If you are still taking it, you might want to consider stopping. There's really no telling whats in it and if it might hurt you. The clinic they claimed supported their claims doesn't even exist.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote