Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 02:39 PM   #1  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Thermogenics

Any one have any opinions on them? Any one have any success with them. I just started with a personal trainer this morning and he is having me take a thermogenic.. Just wondering what everyone else's opinions on it are?

Disclaimer: I am NOT looking for a "get skinny quick" scheme, I am putting the hard work in as far as diet and exercise, but I have hypothyroidism and it is really reeeeaaalllyyy slowing me down. Dang Thyroid.

Thanks in advance for all of your helpful and experienced responses!
Old 05-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Height: 5'3"

I have used a Thermalgenic. I used the OxyElite Pro. I noticed that it gave me that extra "boost" I needed during a work out, however I did sometimes feel if I did not eat with it, I was "high" or going to throw up. I also noticed that I am very infrequent with using it, due to the fact I get VERY moody on it. I seriously want to hurt someone and am ready to just snap. I like it other wise, but I know not taking them constantly, I am defeating the purpose. I also am bad with taking something more than once a day.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:46 PM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I've tried several including some that are not legal. In my opinion they are not worth it for a variety of reasons.

The most effective legal ones will boost your CNS output by about 5% which means you'll burn a few more calories a day. At your height and weight you'd probably burn an extra 75-100 calories a day.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #4  
it's always something

John, I'm glad you brought that up. The impact on weight loss is much less than what the manufacturers claim. You might reach you goal weight a week or two sooner, but in the mean time you've spent a small fortune and taken a significant risk. Thermogenics can be dangerous to anyone with high blood pressure or heart problems. Their prime customer base is overweight or obese, and as such carry a higher risk for serious health problems that they may not even be aware of yet. These are the people that specifically should not take the product.

Of course that won't be on the product label.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #5  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendeeLou View Post
Disclaimer: I am NOT looking for a "get skinny quick" scheme, I am putting the hard work in as far as diet and exercise, but I have hypothyroidism and it is really reeeeaaalllyyy slowing me down. Dang Thyroid.
Since you've been diagnosed with hypothyroidism, I would highly recommend discussing a prescription with your doctor. That will definitely take care of it and the regular monitoring by your doctor will make sure you are taking something safe. Thermogenics don't sound like the right route for you.

Hypothyroid can cause you to feel bad and as a result you may exercise less than you should. If so, increasing your activity level could help significantly because exercise stimulates the thyroid gland. Your doctor can advise you what to do next.

Since this is more of a medical issue than a support issue, I'm going to close this thread. I hope the info thus far was helpful. I feel confident your doctor will get you back on track
Closed Thread