Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Lipozene - Have you tried it?

Ok, I keep seeing commercials on Lipozene on tv all the time. I just googled it and read that it is just a fiber pill. Ok, thats good since it's not a horrible chemical or anything crazy. So, what I would like to know if anyone on here has tried it, what sort of side effects that you had, how it made you feel, and if you lost weight?
Thanks everyone!
blingfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Here's some info. http://ultimatefatburner.com/lipozene-review.htmlYou are probably further ahead with Bran Buds or Fibre 1!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:57 PM   #3  
Journey to New Self!

S/C/G: 287/272/268

I just bought it..we'll see how it works...
whitlockdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/170/125

Height: 5'2

I'd be really careful with that stuff... if you look up the only ingredient on the package
'amorphophallus konjac' (it's listed right under the name) you'll find a couple of disturbing reports from people that have ingested it over the years....

* I can't post links yet, but type the plant name into wikipedia and see what pops up...*

After doing much more research on said plant it seems that there's a serious risk of choking, and things like bowel obstruction. I personally took the tablets in smaller doses than recommended on the bottle, and had serious issues with constipation because of it (even when drinking 80+ oz of water every day). The only upside was that it filled me up, so that night when my husband and I went out to eat at a buffet, I didn't eat anywhere near as much as I usually do. So it basically works by filling you up with a form of fiber and hoping that you can pass such a large amount of fiber with little difficulty. Most of the time, this is NOT the case.

The risks are not worth any pay off.
Faelwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:31 PM   #5  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I took it last month (no more than 2 pills a day) to curb my hunger to get on track to diet. Yes, you have to take a lot of water. The pill expands in your stomach and makes you eat less. Less room. It didn't make me jittery or anything. It didn't exactly make me burn more or give me energy, like I said, it just filled me up. I didn't have any problems with it and it was a good way to kick off eating better. I used it for 3 weeks maybe and it helped for what I meant it to. Haven't since, but I recommend it just for that.
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:32 AM   #6  
NEWB!

S/C/G: 215.8/202.8/174 (Army Weight)

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheramama View Post
I took it last month (no more than 2 pills a day) to curb my hunger to get on track to diet. Yes, you have to take a lot of water. The pill expands in your stomach and makes you eat less. Less room. It didn't make me jittery or anything. It didn't exactly make me burn more or give me energy, like I said, it just filled me up. I didn't have any problems with it and it was a good way to kick off eating better. I used it for 3 weeks maybe and it helped for what I meant it to. Haven't since, but I recommend it just for that.
Nice to know... BTW nice song lyric I love Hole.
SarRawrNaomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:48 AM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

If the primary ingredient is konjac, then you can find that in generic form fairly cheaply. It is a fiber supplement which also goes under the name glucommanan. Any decent sized drugstore or health food store should have it. Not sure how much it sells for under this name but a big bottle should be $10-15.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:18 PM   #8  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarRawrNaomi View Post
Nice to know... BTW nice song lyric I love Hole.
Thanks. That's been my fav quote since HS.
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #9  
learning to love myself

S/C/G: 295/ticker/169

Height: 5'10

A woman who did it did a really in depth blog, I forget where I saw it now though. Basically it turns out that she DID lose quite a bit of weight, but the weight she lost was mostly muscle mass. Not worth it, she gained it all back when she stopped AND had to work on getting her muscles back.
Kay7jay is offline   Reply With Quote