Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #16  
AmandaLynn

S/C/G: 164 / SIG / 122

Height: 5'3"

I tried one on my midsection... It didn't really help my skin's overall appearance (I have a lot of loose skin from pregnancy) and I lost about an inch, but it came right back. These are a pyramid scheme, I personally don't believe in them.
ghostly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #17  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
Detoxing the cells is a myth. The top layer of your skin is dead, but it is protective and required. Nothing permeates from the skin inside.
One small quibble here - the skin, as the body's largest organ, can actually 'absorb' chemicals into your body. It's why transdermal patches (birth control, nicotine) work. Other medications are also delivered transdermally (and quite effectively, too). If anything, that should make one more concerned/careful with the chemicals that go onto the skin, especially considering how light regulatory testing is in this regard.

But - as I think you meant, nelie, it's not like that means the skin will just absorb magical, fat-obliterating particles that defy the laws of physics. This or any other wrap 'works' because it temporarily alters the hydration level of cells. Temporarily being the key word.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote