Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 06-19-2009, 05:47 AM   #1  
chomp chomp

S/C/G: 195/195/135

Height: 5'7"

Default My Weight Loss Coach (Nintendo)

Has anyone tried the Nintendo DS game My Weight Loss Coach? I think it sounds interesting, and Amazon has it for $15.97, so I might try it. Please let me know if you've tried it and have an opinion. Thanks!
kitchencurtains3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/210/120

Height: 5'3"

I have it, and to be honest it isn't worth it. It has very limited food lists to pick from when you do your food journal and it doesn't really take health into account. for instance, if I ate 3 ice cream drumsticks, chicken wings and beer, and pizza and input that, it would tell me i was balanced for the day because it goes by the calories and not nutritional value. It was a good idea for a DS application, just really poorly done. you're better off trying an online application like fitday.com or something like that.
ilovemaxbemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:22 PM   #3  
chomp chomp

S/C/G: 195/195/135

Height: 5'7"

Thanks, that was helpful. I've read reviews that say the food calculator isn't accurate, which is a little worrying because I count calories. But I can never keep up with complicated programs like FitDay. How are the challenges/exercise monitoring?

Thanks!
kitchencurtains3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:55 PM   #4  
GoWear Fit All-Star

S/C/G: 280/266.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I thought about it but decided based on reviews not to get it.
mulder1921 is offline   Reply With Quote