Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 10-22-2009, 09:35 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 167/165/135

Height: 5'4

Hi guys! I just ordered my 1 week supply of the cookie diet. I currently weigh 165 and am hoping to get down to 150 in 1 month when I go back home for my college break. Keep me updated on your progress because I am eager to start mine and am interested if you have any tips to share while you are on the diet! Good luck, I'm sure you will get down to 199 by that date
london99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:59 AM   #17  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

A coworkers significant other lost a significant amount of weight on the diet, over 100 pounds. And she has mostly kept it off for the last 6 months or so. The challenging part is transitioning to maintenance; meal replacement diets don't teach you how to plan and eat real food for maintenance. My friend is in a cycle of regain some weight -- go back on the cookie diet for a while -- lose the weight -- go back on a "normal" diet and regain, repeat. She is struggling to find the calorie balance without having to go back to the automatic calorie restriction that the cookie supplements provide.

Any calorie restriction diet will result in weight loss, but transitioning to maintenance will require careful thought and planning. Just my 2 cents!
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 216.5/214/140

Height: 5' 6"

I agree, MBN. I think the key will be to incorporate daily exercise, something I don't do now, to help keep the weight off. Calories in versus calories burned. I hope that it will also help me to identify when I am truly hungry and not just bored.

So, I know I said I wasn't going to weigh again until Monday morning, but I just couldn't help myself... I was curious. Down 2.5 lbs. This weekend is going to be a challenge as my DH and I have social activities planned, but I'm thinking ahead and working out how I can stay on track. I think it's doable.

I'll check back in Monday. Everyone else that is starting, please post your results too.

Thanks!
Sasafrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:33 PM   #19  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm normally not one for these fad diets, but I too am having a problem of motivation. I exercise at least 5 days a week, and am eating healthy. I don't "diet" I just make better choices. But I'm stuck around 190 no matter how hard or how much I work out and no matter how healthy my diet is. I need something to jump start this weight loss and I'm running out of ideas! Doing so much work and seeing no results makes it even harder to stick with it. I'm going to keep monitoring this thread and ponder trying this one myself.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #20  

I know this isn't related to the Cookie Diet, but have you had your thyoid checked, OnceUponADrive? If not, I highly recommend it. I was having a horrible time with losing weight and found out that I had hypothyroidism. Now that I'm on my daily medication, the weight seems to be coming off more easily.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:43 AM   #21  

I weighed this morning and am still at 214. A little disappointed, but am pleased to have lost the 2.5lbs in the first week. I'm going to stick with it for another week and see what happens. I'm still feeling pretty good. Not really hungry and have been on plan even though I went sailing with friends this weekend.

Have a good week!
Old 10-27-2009, 07:05 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 173/171/150

Height: 5'6"

Lori Bell, although one will always be able to find competing recommendations/criticisms, I just wanted to post this for the record. Two major reasons why slow weight loss is more sustainable - The person is more likely to adopt positive changes into their life, and the weight lost is less likely to just be water or muscle lost (as opposed to actual fat). Beyond that, my major point was to not EXPECT a larger loss, otherwise you might set yourself up for failure and undermine your overall goals.

Mayo Clinic:
The problem with fast weight loss is that it takes extraordinary efforts in diet and exercise that are usually not sustainable over the long term — and the weight quickly comes back once you stop trying so hard. That's why when it comes to weight loss, slow and steady usually beats out fast weight loss.

Remember that 1 pound (0.45 kilogram) of fat contains 3,500 calories. So you need to burn 500 more calories than you eat each day to lose just 1 pound a week (500 calories x 7 days). A weight loss of 1 to 2 pounds a week is the typical recommendation, but some people may initially lose more weight more quickly. Very low calorie diets that result in more rapid weight loss require medical supervision. If you lose a lot of weight quickly, it's probably not fat that you're losing. It's more likely to be water weight or even lean tissue since it's hard to burn that many fat calories in a short period of time.

Weight loss of 1 to 2 pounds a week may seem slow, but it's a pace that's more likely to help you maintain your weight loss for the long term.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fas...t-loss/AN01621
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:12 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 219.6/209/149

Height: 5ft8inches

I started the cookie diet on 10/28 and I have to tell you it's easier than I thought. I started at 219 and weighed in at 216 this morning!! Good luck to you and let's keep each other posted, it sounds like we have similiar goals.
jillsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:10 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 167/165/135

Height: 5'4

Default just started...

hey guys..today was my first day on the cookie diet...it seems to be going well so far! the cookies don't taste bad either, i wasn't sure what to expect. i will keep you all updated on my progress. I am hoping to lose 14 pounds in the next 3 weeks. i know that is kind of extreme but i am going home for break and would like to surprise my family and i am upping my exercise.
london99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:24 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 280/270/140

Height: 5'2:

Default What "flavors" are you trying?

I have been thinking about this meal replacement program ... but was curious what "flavors" people are trying , liking, hating, etc.

I realize the goal is not to like the food, but you also want to be able to tolerate it! I have divirticular issues, so I think the coconut is a no-no for me personally. It didnt look like any of the cookies had nuts.

thoughts?

I am generally successful on meal restriction diets (short term) because it takes the decision making and rationalizations out of the way.

Thanks in advance!
Allison
elainie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #26  

First week is done and I lost 8lbs!! I like the banana flavor best. Also, the chocolate. They definitely don't taste great but they are tolerable and they fill me up. Well, good luck and let's keep each other posted!

Start weight: 219
current weight: 211
goal weight:149
Old 11-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 162/160/110

Height: 5'0

Default I got the Cookies!! and lost 2lbs in 3 days!

Im on my 4th day on the cookie diet and have lost 2 pounds!
i have tried many things before and never did i come across a diet where i dont feel cravings.
The cookies take your appetite away as your stomach feels satisfied..as soon as i feel like i need to grab something to eat...i take a cookie and my bottle of water....and the craving is gone! im trully amazed
usually when i start a diet..or say im going to start..i dont even last a day! as soon as day 2 arrives..i eat whatever i want...
Didnt happen with the cookies..so im very excited about this...as i also have an underactive thyroid and have been gaining weight slowly throughout the years. with my 162 lbs that i start the diet with ..im considered obese becaue of my 5 feet frame...i currently had surgery and before the anaesthetic dr put me down...he was giving a lecture about how my body is just going to go downhill at my 28 years of age if i dont start to do something about my weight...gee talk about depressing! but it hit a nerve... i passed out thinking "what..this guy doesnt even know me...i thought i was chubby but not obese! " ever since then i tried to lose the bulge but i was always hungry,
The cookies are doing their job at keeping me feel FULL...i pray that this works..
please keep up with your progress ...
MOTSIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:24 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 162/160/110

Height: 5'0

i forgot..i ordered all 5 flavors of cookies...as my sister is also doing the diet..so we ordered all flavors and we split the bags..her supply is for 2 weeks..mine for 3 weeks...
The only ones we both liked were the chocholate, coconut, and oatmeal , the oatmeal brings raisins.
the blueberry (brings dried blueberrrys)and banana we dont really care for and not reordering again as we cant taste the flavor on them... whether the other ones we do.
hope that helps some
MOTSIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #29  

Ok week 2 is officially over and I weighed in this morning at 207!! I'm feeling good and actually starting to fit into some of my old clothes!!

Start weight:219
Current weight: 207
Old 11-11-2009, 10:59 PM   #30  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Isn't it interesting how people "poo poo" a diet plan...humans have a tendency 2 have an idea of what is the "best way" for everyone...even if they can't do it themselves.

I have been overweight since first grade! I lost a huge amount in high school with diet pills and being very regimented. I was probably "thin" for 24 hours. Gained all back plus more. Lost a significant amount years later with exercise and learning about nutrition (I even had my VERY OWN Nutrition/Exercise class along with a RD at the local YMCA. Gained all back plus more. Lost weight again with OA and 301 (3 meals a day and nothing in between)....Gained all back plus more.

I have done some other things in between...they aren't coming to my mind now. But I know about Nutrition and Exercise. My husband is a VERY disciplined man...the Doc told him to loose 20 lbs...and he did it...of course I planned a lot of his meals...I know the rules <smile>

I have thought a lot about the weight loss surgery...it just didn't seem right for me...

But the cookie diet did and does. Been doing it for less than a week. It feels right. And I really think I can do this for the rest of my life. In what I mean by that is...eat little meals throughout the day and one regular one a day. It is simple.

Sorry I can babble forever...I feel like I could go on and on...one thing recently that I have been looking at is how skinny people eat. Do most of them pay attention to how much fiber and vitamins and carbs and veggies and fruits they eat? They eat and then go about their day. Not me...my mode of operation is to eat and then think about when I can have my next fix. My goal is freedom from food and from judging how someone else eats.

Today...I am on the cookie diet. Who woulda thunk it?

Thanks everyone for taking the risk & sharing your stories!

Cathy
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote