Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 10-03-2008, 04:13 PM   #1  
You need me!

Height: 5'7"

Default Acai Berry?

SO, I was on my myspace and I saw an ad for this Acai Berry diet and it said that it was featured on Oprah. I was just wondering does it work?
LindsayL0ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:43 PM   #2  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

I've seen this all over myspace. I really highly doubt it works, mainly because of the ads themselves. They seem so fake. But then again I haven't done any research on it either *shrug*
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Acai berry is very high in antioxidants and studies have shown it to be healthy, but I don't see how a supplement made from Acai is going to help you lose weight.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

It's a great food source, but just like any flush, all you'll loose is water weight.

Oh, but if you just want to cleanse yourself for a day or two for health benefits and not weight loss, it's probably okay.

Last edited by raw23; 10-03-2008 at 06:42 PM.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #5  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Acai is awesome in a smoothie (love those from Planet Smoothie), but besides being very healthy for you, I don't see it really being a weight loss booster.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Its weird how there are sooo many diet pills or whatever that claim to be "featured" on Oprah or CNN or whatever.. i mean is that suppose to make them more believable?
As for this pill i doubt it works.. i doubt any pills will.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:38 AM   #7  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

I agree jahjah, pills don't work, you just have to workout and eat right.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:24 AM   #8  

And be carefule of those "free trial" or "$1 trial" supplements. Usually they are forced opt-in, and they will charge you upward of $60 a month to send you a new bottle every month.

So if you try it, be sure to call and cancel the day you get it. It's probably somewhere in the fine print on the website.
jazzdrive3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

As zenor said, it's a great antioxidant, but that doesn't mean it's a weight loss miracle.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:04 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 8"

Health benefits or no, I tend to shy away from anything claiming to be a "miracle" diet supplement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahjah1223 View Post
Its weird how there are sooo many diet pills or whatever that claim to be "featured" on Oprah or CNN or whatever.. i mean is that suppose to make them more believable?
As for this pill i doubt it works.. i doubt any pills will.
I think (could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time ) that if they advertise during the Oprah show, they are allowed to say "as seen on". It doesn't mean that Oprah did a program about it, endorses it, or even knows what it is for that matter - but they want to trick you into thinking there has been some big to-do (that we all missed?) and this is the "miracle-magic bullet" we've all been waiting for. The real "miracle" we've all been waiting for has been right under our noses all along - it's called eating controlled portions of good, nutritional food, and exercising BTW - pretty much all of the "miracle" diet pills come with fine print that says "when used with a sensible diet and exercise program" go figure....
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:33 PM   #11  
it's always something

That reminds me of all the hoodia ads that say "as seen on CBS 60 minutes". They are hoping you didn't really see it, lol. CBS profiled hoodia but the story did not support hoodia supplements and explained that the results were only favorable when chewing the fresh plant.

Oprah said she drinks green tea, so now there are tons of tea ads claiming "as seen on Oprah"
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:43 AM   #12  
=D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post

Oprah said she drinks green tea, so now there are tons of tea ads claiming "as seen on Oprah"
Hahaha!!

I love stuff like that. You've just gotta laugh.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'4.5 in.

I was about to post about Acai Berry! =D Well I seen the same add as you. So I looked into it. I was not about to spend so much money on that so I looked it up at the Walmart website and it was about 7 dollars a bottle. I'm not too sure about the weight loss promises. I have noticed eating intake change. I don't eat as much but that could be just me. This is what it says on the bottle...

"Spring Valley Acai provides powerful antioxidant protection. * Antioxidants can enhance the immune system and help the heart, eyes, muscle and skin by protecting against the oxidative effects of free radicals.* Antioxidants are one of our best natural defenses against free radicals and promote overall well-being.*

*Thes statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease."

I like to read fine print too.

Well I like to get walmart supplements because my dad bought some Fish-something supplements. (lol forgot the name) He is Diabetic. Well it helped him when he ran out of his pills to control his sugar level.

So I assumed if that brand from wal-mart help--I will buy the same brand but of Acai. I want to take it for awhile longer before I come to any conclusions about it. Hopefully it lives up to it's description.
SilentBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:17 AM   #14  
GG

Default Quality Acai Berry

Hi be careful what brands of Acai you buy. If it is below 30.00 it is probably not good. Try Amazon Thunder and Samzabon brands. They have a special process which preserves the berry and it doesn't lose the nutrients. If they use heat when they make the pills it hurts the berries. I love the stuff.
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:09 PM   #15  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Well acai is good for antioxidants but it has no weight loss properties. Wild blueberries are also good for antioxidants and tea as well.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote