Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-10-2009, 07:44 PM   #31  
Empress/Queen

Nelie, thanks for the potassium source list. I also have low potassium levels often and do agree that bananas are a good source and despite problems with bananas sometimes eat small amounts of them in smoothies, or in small bites spaced far apart.

I knew about some of the sources but had not thought about others.

This is a good discussion.

Nogitsune, congratulations on your weight loss.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:30 AM   #32  
Nogitsune

S/C/G: 195/ticker/140

Height: 5'7 3/4

Thank you Janga.
thenogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:26 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

You're going to need one a banana bunker.

Hilarious FAQ:

Q: I don't really like bananas. Will this work with apples?
A: No.

Q: Since the Banana Bunker can be mistaken as something else, does it come packaged describing it's intended use?
A: The plastic casing of the Banana Bunker has the words "Banana Bunker" written on it.

Q: Would this help to improve the size of my banana?
A: No. The Banana Bunker can only help you protect what you already have.

Q: Can it be used for sexual pleasure?
A: You could probably use a fax machine for sexual pleasure if you put your mind to it, so we don't doubt that you could do it with the Banana Bunker. We don't recommend it, though.

Q: can this banana bunker prevent nasty banana diseases from being transmitted?
A: The only real protection from nasty banana diseases is to abstain from contact with bananas.

Q: Is lubrication recommended for really large bananas?
A: If you have to lubricate your banana to get it into the Banana Bunker, you're probably going to have a tough time eating it without it getting away from you. The Banana Bunker is quite accommodating, and we recommend that you just stick to bananas that fit in your bunker (which is most all bananas).

Q: Is there a smaller size for those of us without larger bananas?
A: No, but if your tiny banana is getting banged around in the Banana Bunker, you might try stuffing it with something soft to minimize the movement.

Q: How hard is it, on a scale of 1, where it is as soft as grass, to 10, to, let's say, titanium?
A: We would give the Banana Bunker a 6; harder than flaccid but softer than blue steel.

Q: what if my bananas are claustrophobic?
A: Eat them and get new bananas.

Q: Should I see a doctor if my banana remains for more than 4 hours in the Banana Bunker?
A: No. This is perfectly normal and desirable. If you leave it in the Banana Bunker for more than 4 weeks, however, you should see your garbageman.

Q: Will the banana bunker protect my banana from hungry, thieving chimps? I hate those greedy monkeys!
A: It's not 100% foolproof (and really, what protection is?), but it should definitely confuse them!

Q: Wow, the Banana Bunker ranks somewhere between great inventions like the mechanical clock and modern plumbing. Is it true that the estates of DaVinci and Edison are fighting over the patent?
A: Hey now, only Vat19 staff is allowed to be sarcastic.

Q: Does the Banana Bunker ever go soft?
A: No, just the bananas inside of it.

Q: can you throw it at someone?
A: I don't know, can you?

Q: can it handle a very big banana?
A: Yes. We've yet to meet a banana the Banana Bunker couldn't accommodate.

Q: Is your banana bunker safe in warm, wet places?
A: Yes. The Banana Bunker is made of clear, sturdy, waterproof plastic.

Q: DOES THE BANANA BUNKER COME WITH ACCESSORIES--LIKE A BATTERY CHARGER OR A BLUE TOOTH EAR PIECE?
A: No. In order to offer you this rock-bottom price, the Banana Bunker is sold without accessories.

Q: Have you tried cucumbers in the banana bunker?
A: Nope, it isn't called Cucumber Bunker.

Q: Hi can this be dipped in coffee together with the banana? thanks? - Hanslo
A: Why are you dipping a banana in coffee!? You should not dip the Banana Bunker in coffee. Nor should you want to.

Q: hi is there a protector to protect this protector which protects my massive banana? thanks
A: Nope, the Banana Bunker Bunker hasn't been invented yet.

Q: If my Banana Bunker breaks in use, do I need to worry about little bananas running around?
A: We're glad you're thinking about safe banana protection. Bananas don't have seeds, so even if the Banana Bunker breaks and the banana peel breaks open, more bananas won't sprout up. For more bananas to grow, you'd have to plant part of an existing banana tree. It's unlikely that you could "accidentally" go through the effort of planting a banana tree, so you should be safe.

Q: Is the Banana Bunker ribbed for her pleasure?
A: The Banana Bunker is ribbed for your banana's pleasure.

Q: At what age is it appropriate to use the Banana Bunker?
A: The Banana Bunker is appropriate for people of all ages who enjoy smush-free bananas.

Q: Can you use the banana bunker to make Banana Cream Pie?
A: Wow. You can use the Banana Bunker to store and protect the banana that you will use to make the banana cream pie.

Q: I've seen a similar product called BananaGuard. Which is more functional?
A: The Banana Bunker is way more functional! The Banana Bunker is open at both ends (unlike the Banana Guard), so that even the longest bananas can be accommodated. Furthermore, the Banana Bunker is "ribbed" for flexibility. This allows the protective bunker to conform to the unique curve of every banana. The loser Banana Guard cannot bend, which means that if your banana doesn't fit its set shape, you're out of luck.

Q: Bananas are a trisomy which means they have three sets of chromosomes. How many chromosomes does the Banana Bunker have?
A: Hmmm, we read that bananas are actually triploids because they have 3 entire sets of chromosomes. A trisomy would mean that there is an extra chromosome on one set. Anywho, Banana Bunkers don't have chromosomes.

Q: Will the banana bunker protect a banana split?
A: Nope, just the banana.

Q: Will the Banana Bunker fit the musa acuminata species aka dwarf bananas, which are native to the SouthEast Asia region?
A: Sure, you could put a dwarf banana in the Banana Bunker. Whatever floats your banana boat.

Q: I am interested in purchasing your product, however I am quite sensitive. Have you heard of anyone being injured whilst using the Banana Bunker?
A: Not yet and we hope we never do.

Q: If I kill someone with the banana bunker will i be arrested?
A: Maybe, but you could always plead innocent by reason of having gone bananas.

Q: for all of us with small bananas, could my friends and i fit 3 or 4 bananas in at the same time?
A: The Banana Bunker is a single banana home.

Q: Will the Banana Bunker prevent my Banana From turning Mushy and Brown?
A: The Banana Bunker protects a banana from bruising and squishing. It cannot prevent the natural process of old fruit getting gross.

Q: Do you sell any banana hammocks to store my banana bunker in?
A: Vat19 does not sell banana hammocks!

Q: Can the banana bunker keep a banana safe if it fell into a wood mulcher?
A: No way. Keep your banana away from wood mulchers. I repeat, keep your banana away from wood mulchers.

Q: Is it possible to eat a banana while it's in the banana bunker?
A: This banana container protects a banana from bruising, peeling, and eating!

Q: i think the banana bunker can't handle my banana, my banana is too huge
A: Doubtful.

Q: What I find disturbing is on the Bannana Bunker page, it said For people who like romance! Why are you insulting the Bannana Bunker's sacred awesomeness?
A: 1. We aren't insulting the Banana Bunker. Banana Bunkers are sexy. 2. Have you ever heard the song "Hollaback Girl" by Gwen Stefani?

Q: Do you ever think that that Banana Bunkers will ever be sold in rest room vending machines?
A: Probably not.

Q: My girlfriend got mad because i bought her a banana bunker. Any suggestions?
A: Next time, just go with flowers!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:02 PM   #34  
Empress/Queen

You are welcome, Nogitsune!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:10 PM   #35  
Nogitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
You're going to need one a banana bunker.

Hilarious FAQ:

Q: I don't really like bananas. Will this work with apples?
A: No.

Q: Since the Banana Bunker can be mistaken as something else, does it come packaged describing it's intended use?
A: The plastic casing of the Banana Bunker has the words "Banana Bunker" written on it.

Q: Would this help to improve the size of my banana?
A: No. The Banana Bunker can only help you protect what you already have.

Q: Can it be used for sexual pleasure?
A: You could probably use a fax machine for sexual pleasure if you put your mind to it, so we don't doubt that you could do it with the Banana Bunker. We don't recommend it, though.

Q: can this banana bunker prevent nasty banana diseases from being transmitted?
A: The only real protection from nasty banana diseases is to abstain from contact with bananas.

Q: Is lubrication recommended for really large bananas?
A: If you have to lubricate your banana to get it into the Banana Bunker, you're probably going to have a tough time eating it without it getting away from you. The Banana Bunker is quite accommodating, and we recommend that you just stick to bananas that fit in your bunker (which is most all bananas).

Q: Is there a smaller size for those of us without larger bananas?
A: No, but if your tiny banana is getting banged around in the Banana Bunker, you might try stuffing it with something soft to minimize the movement.

Q: How hard is it, on a scale of 1, where it is as soft as grass, to 10, to, let's say, titanium?
A: We would give the Banana Bunker a 6; harder than flaccid but softer than blue steel.

Q: what if my bananas are claustrophobic?
A: Eat them and get new bananas.

Q: Should I see a doctor if my banana remains for more than 4 hours in the Banana Bunker?
A: No. This is perfectly normal and desirable. If you leave it in the Banana Bunker for more than 4 weeks, however, you should see your garbageman.

Q: Will the banana bunker protect my banana from hungry, thieving chimps? I hate those greedy monkeys!
A: It's not 100% foolproof (and really, what protection is?), but it should definitely confuse them!

Q: Wow, the Banana Bunker ranks somewhere between great inventions like the mechanical clock and modern plumbing. Is it true that the estates of DaVinci and Edison are fighting over the patent?
A: Hey now, only Vat19 staff is allowed to be sarcastic.

Q: Does the Banana Bunker ever go soft?
A: No, just the bananas inside of it.

Q: can you throw it at someone?
A: I don't know, can you?

Q: can it handle a very big banana?
A: Yes. We've yet to meet a banana the Banana Bunker couldn't accommodate.

Q: Is your banana bunker safe in warm, wet places?
A: Yes. The Banana Bunker is made of clear, sturdy, waterproof plastic.

Q: DOES THE BANANA BUNKER COME WITH ACCESSORIES--LIKE A BATTERY CHARGER OR A BLUE TOOTH EAR PIECE?
A: No. In order to offer you this rock-bottom price, the Banana Bunker is sold without accessories.

Q: Have you tried cucumbers in the banana bunker?
A: Nope, it isn't called Cucumber Bunker.

Q: Hi can this be dipped in coffee together with the banana? thanks? - Hanslo
A: Why are you dipping a banana in coffee!? You should not dip the Banana Bunker in coffee. Nor should you want to.

Q: hi is there a protector to protect this protector which protects my massive banana? thanks
A: Nope, the Banana Bunker Bunker hasn't been invented yet.

Q: If my Banana Bunker breaks in use, do I need to worry about little bananas running around?
A: We're glad you're thinking about safe banana protection. Bananas don't have seeds, so even if the Banana Bunker breaks and the banana peel breaks open, more bananas won't sprout up. For more bananas to grow, you'd have to plant part of an existing banana tree. It's unlikely that you could "accidentally" go through the effort of planting a banana tree, so you should be safe.

Q: Is the Banana Bunker ribbed for her pleasure?
A: The Banana Bunker is ribbed for your banana's pleasure.

Q: At what age is it appropriate to use the Banana Bunker?
A: The Banana Bunker is appropriate for people of all ages who enjoy smush-free bananas.

Q: Can you use the banana bunker to make Banana Cream Pie?
A: Wow. You can use the Banana Bunker to store and protect the banana that you will use to make the banana cream pie.

Q: I've seen a similar product called BananaGuard. Which is more functional?
A: The Banana Bunker is way more functional! The Banana Bunker is open at both ends (unlike the Banana Guard), so that even the longest bananas can be accommodated. Furthermore, the Banana Bunker is "ribbed" for flexibility. This allows the protective bunker to conform to the unique curve of every banana. The loser Banana Guard cannot bend, which means that if your banana doesn't fit its set shape, you're out of luck.

Q: Bananas are a trisomy which means they have three sets of chromosomes. How many chromosomes does the Banana Bunker have?
A: Hmmm, we read that bananas are actually triploids because they have 3 entire sets of chromosomes. A trisomy would mean that there is an extra chromosome on one set. Anywho, Banana Bunkers don't have chromosomes.

Q: Will the banana bunker protect a banana split?
A: Nope, just the banana.

Q: Will the Banana Bunker fit the musa acuminata species aka dwarf bananas, which are native to the SouthEast Asia region?
A: Sure, you could put a dwarf banana in the Banana Bunker. Whatever floats your banana boat.

Q: I am interested in purchasing your product, however I am quite sensitive. Have you heard of anyone being injured whilst using the Banana Bunker?
A: Not yet and we hope we never do.

Q: If I kill someone with the banana bunker will i be arrested?
A: Maybe, but you could always plead innocent by reason of having gone bananas.

Q: for all of us with small bananas, could my friends and i fit 3 or 4 bananas in at the same time?
A: The Banana Bunker is a single banana home.

Q: Will the Banana Bunker prevent my Banana From turning Mushy and Brown?
A: The Banana Bunker protects a banana from bruising and squishing. It cannot prevent the natural process of old fruit getting gross.

Q: Do you sell any banana hammocks to store my banana bunker in?
A: Vat19 does not sell banana hammocks!

Q: Can the banana bunker keep a banana safe if it fell into a wood mulcher?
A: No way. Keep your banana away from wood mulchers. I repeat, keep your banana away from wood mulchers.

Q: Is it possible to eat a banana while it's in the banana bunker?
A: This banana container protects a banana from bruising, peeling, and eating!

Q: i think the banana bunker can't handle my banana, my banana is too huge
A: Doubtful.

Q: What I find disturbing is on the Bannana Bunker page, it said For people who like romance! Why are you insulting the Bannana Bunker's sacred awesomeness?
A: 1. We aren't insulting the Banana Bunker. Banana Bunkers are sexy. 2. Have you ever heard the song "Hollaback Girl" by Gwen Stefani?

Q: Do you ever think that that Banana Bunkers will ever be sold in rest room vending machines?
A: Probably not.

Q: My girlfriend got mad because i bought her a banana bunker. Any suggestions?
A: Next time, just go with flowers!
THey have a swnsw of humor. I like it, but I am not going to waste $6 for smething I am about to eat in the first place.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #36  
Nogitsune

Another thing I have noticed... Actually my Mom noticed. If you are not loosing weight you are losing inches. Mom told me last night when she looked at me an noticed that I looked different. It took her a few minutes and she said that I am slimming down in the face. So don't get discourage if the weight is not just falling off or not budging you could be loosing inches you just have not noticed yet.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:49 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 352/263.2/170

Height: 69"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
But if you give it a name and a sexy pedigree, it's magic!
Wow, that made me laugh.

Magic also makes certain people a lot of money, just not the consumers!
skatardrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #38  
Nogitsune

Day 21
------------

Last - 190
Current - 190
Lost - 0 (Did not lose weight but have lost inches which is still good in my book.)

Measurements for this week -> Inches lost
-----------------------------------------
Neck = 14.0 --> - 0
Waist = 34.0 --> - 0.5
Thighs = 24.5 --> - 0.5
Chest = 34.0 --> - 0.5
Bust = 41.0 --> + 0.5
Hips = 46.0 --> - 0
Arms = 13.0 --> - 0.5
-------------------------
Lost 2 inches all around and gained 1/2 an inch in my bust.

Exercise
----------
Still slacking in it. This was my week off from school on my online classes, so I have been lazy all around the last few days. I do move around a lot at work.

Still drink nothing but water all day. I did have a couple of poppers my Mom made. She bakes cakes as a side job abd I am at times her tester. I don't test the whole cupcakes anymore, but she made poppers which are small enough to pop in your mouth comfortably. It is like the size of spoonful of rice or a piece of sushi. Actually I think it is smaller than a piece of sushi.
Any extra cakes she has she has me take them to work and the guys will eat them pretty quickly.

Things I have noticed
----------------------
I lost weight in my face, enough to the point my computer does not recognize me to log me on with the face recognition. I was also able to pull up a pair of pants that I could not get over the bottom part of my thigh before. I can't button them at all yet and they are pretty snug at the hips. I will be in them soon though.

I won't be buying anymore bananas this week because we are going out of time for my brothers graduation from the Air Force in two days. I will get back on it when I get back. I still will sort of be following the diet, but I may not have access to bananas while I am away. I think this would be a good test, since I doubt I would be eating bananas every morning for the rest of my lif. I would get sick of them.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:30 PM   #39  
Nogitsune

Ah ha! Today I went shopping for a new pair of jeans. Last time I lost some weight I could only fit into the 14/16 sizes. This time I went and I can now fit in the 12/14 sizes. I bought the 12 size as an incentive. I can actually pull these up and button them, but they are still a little tight in the thigh area and I would like my middle (sides) not to go over like that since they are low rise pants.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:12 AM   #40  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I LOVE the thought that you've lost weight so that your computer doesn't recognize you!!!!! Congratulations. :clap:
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:17 PM   #41  
Nogitsune

Day 28 update (Has it already been a month?)
---------------------------------------------
Last weight and Current weight: 190

Didn't lose any weight this time either, but I am not surprised because we went out of town for a bit. I didn't gain any weight either which I am surprised because of what I was eating. All that walking around a military base in the heat will make you ravenous.

Measurements (in)
-------------------
Neck - 14 -- (-0)
Waist - 32.5 - (-1)
Thighs- 24.o - (-0.5)
Bust - 38.0 - (-3.0) <--WTH?!? I was shocked at this one.
Chest - 33.5 - (-0.5)
Hips - 46.0 - (-0)
Arms - 13.5 - (-0)

I exercised at bit more this time. Not much,though.
I found I actually started wanting bananas when I stop eating them for a day.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:19 PM   #42  
Nogitsune

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailidh View Post
I LOVE the thought that you've lost weight so that your computer doesn't recognize you!!!!! Congratulations. :clap:
Thank you Ailidh. I have to take new snapshots with the computer camera for it to recognize me again. Althoug, I just might keep it as is, to remind myself if I start to slip. If the computer recognizes me again then I gained a bit of weight back. I am always on this thing so it would be a god reminder.

Last edited by thenogitsune; 03-24-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #43  
Nogitsune

Turns out my scale is 10 lbs off, which is odd because I tested it with weights and it showed exactly what it was. So I am not sure which scale to go by. The weird weight machine at the hospital says I am 15lbs hevier that what the other scale says. so I will be putting both weights on her and yeah I am confused myself. Oh well, I still lost the same amount of pounds and inches. Has anyone else had this problem?

Day 35 update
---------------------------------------------
Last weight and Current weight: 190 <-- my scale
Last weight and Current weight: 205 <-- hospital scale

Didn't lose any weight, but have lost inches again.

Measurements (in) ---> 3 inches all around lost
-------------------
Neck - 13.5 - (-0.5)
Waist - 32.0 - (-0.0)
Thighs- 23.5 - (-0.5)
Bust - 37.5 - (-0.5)
Chest - 33.5 - (-0.)
Hips - 45.0 - (-1.0)
Arms - 13.0 - (-0.5)

Exercise - Didn't feel like it.

Other things:
-------------
My boss noticed that I was getting smaller. We are both trying to lose weight and he congratulated me yesterday. My Mom even said that you could tell that I was getting slimmer. I can also get into 12 jeans now without much problem.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:42 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

I love bananas, and so eat them for lunch/snack sometimes, but (perhaps oddly) they do not fill me up that much. A cut-up banana lasts me all of a minute or two; a cut-up apple lasts me 10+ minutes and is actually a chore to finish off. Then I feel satisfied for a couple hours whereas after a banana I always feel like I can eat a few more bananas.

Geez, I sound negative. I just mean, that's how it is for me. They are delicious and healthy, though. I was actually thinking of heating some banana slices on the stove briefly next time I have them. I feel like I read once that they were good that way?
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:26 PM   #45  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Nogitsune - scales very rarely match, so it's best to stick to the one set for the weights you actually record. When you get nearer to goal, you can decide if you want to do some research and find out which is your 'real' weight. In the meantime you're losing inches and weight, well done!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote