Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 08-09-2008, 10:27 AM   #1  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Default Retin-A?

Has anyone tried this? I recently got some new stretch marks on my shoulder and upper back and i want them gone! I have gotten used to the fact that the ones on my stomach and arms are old and prolly wont go away. I tried bio-oil and it didnt work. BTW these are still fairly new and a dark purpleish red color. I heard that this was the only clinically proven thing to reduce new stretch marks. Also i was thinking about strivectin, but aafter searchin the website it seems that many people are very sceptical of their prodicts. Anything i can do or should i just get over it and live with them?
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #2  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Aww. Bummer about the Bio Oil for you, Courtney I tried Retin-A for acne a few years ago, and I had to lessen the blow of it with a lotion mix to make it a lot less harsh - and even still, my skin peeled until it bled, so for me everything went from being a little unsightly, to incredibly painful. The commercial advertisement says that burning and peeling may occur, but I didn't expect or prepare for sections of skin chemically burnt off in patches. Blegh.

Hopefully some other chicks have tried it and can give you a much better review, and you can find something that will work for you instead of against you.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:45 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

I have heard wonderful things about it for wrinkles and have been using face cream with it that I really like. I have never heard about it for stretch marks. I have been fat so long I don't have them any more!
hmtklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

It does work. It helps with cell renewal. It helps with most scars. It also helps with cellulite as it makes the skin thicker so cellulite is less noticeable. It just takes several months to notice changes.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

It HELPS. It won't make them go away completely, but it helps. Yeah.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/194/140

Height: 5'6"

I can't use it. It causes my skin to peel off leaving a lovely scab.
Dedee62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

I had it prescribed for acne when I was a teenager. It turned my skin bright red, like a permanent sunburn, but I didn't have the peeling/scabbing problems. This may not be an issue when it's on your shoulder, not your face! It did remove most of my acne scarring, so it should help lessen the appearance of stretchmarks if they are superficial, but I am not so sure they'll completely go away.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote