Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Default Fibre Sure - Hmm...

Fibre Sure is a fibre food supplement powder that has no taste and you can add in water or food to raise your fibre levels. My GP advised me to take it (though it doesn't require a doctor prescription) to ease my stomach pains and regulate my toilet going. I was either constipating or in liquid excrements (excuse my crudeness) and in much enterical pain lately. I think it is due to stress as both doctors I visited could not find anything wrong with me.

Anyways I bought it and I also found out that it is also advertised as a helpful diet product that allows women in diet feel less hungry. So if you want to, I will give feedback on how it helps in terms of hunger relief.

Last edited by preetyladyserenity; 07-29-2008 at 07:34 AM.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:21 AM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I'm pretty sure this is used in hospitals - or perhaps its something similar? Please do keep us informed though!
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:12 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Is it like benefiber? I don't know if you do artificial sweenters at all but there are a few yummy "fiber infused" drink mixes now and splenda is coming out with splenda with fiber.....
hmtklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Days 1 and 2: I am on this thing for 48 hours. I don't know if it will help me lose wieght but boy do I feel great! The pain in the stomach has completely gone and I am going to the toilet like a normal human being. Excellently it has no taste indeed and even though it is white it becomes transparent in water (I am crazy about my water being clean).

Weird thing. I feel that some foods have a sweet taste in my mouth (milk, bread, corn on the cob - I mean really sweet) and I had to lower my aspartame dosage in the coffee from 2 teaspoons to one.

Little drawback, I went from 108.8 to 110.3 on day 1 and 109.5 on day 2. I am sure it is not fat as my calories on Sunday were 1700 and yesterday were 1350.

I still don't feel it affected my hunger that much, but my sleeping patterns have messed my eating habits lately. I will see how it goes in the next few days when I go back to my normal eating hours.

hmtlklein:I only drink water for refreshments. I was never fond of soft drinks as a child.

Spoz: If it is given in hopsitals then it must be good, I guess. Have to check it out though.

Last edited by preetyladyserenity; 07-29-2008 at 09:15 AM.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hello! Just popping in to say that yes hospitals do you water soluble fibers. We use Metamucil as a part of our routine bowel treatment. At least two internists (that I know of) use it for both constipation and loose movements.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote